The Unicorn and the Wasp

This got interesting to write. :P Lol, two months of no Alice, and the episode I return on has got all the guests.

Ah, well. Let's see how the trip with Agatha Christie goes with the Torchwood guys aboard!

Enjoy "The Unicorn and the Wasp!"

***

"Definitely Earth," Jack noted as the six of them exited the TARDIS.

"Oh, that smells good," the Alchemist took a deep breath and sighed. "Grass and lemonade. And a little bit of mint."

"A hint of mint?" the Doctor smirked, and she nodded. "Must be the 1920s."

Donna's eyebrows shot up. "You can tell what year it is just by smelling?"

"Oh, yeah," the Doctor grinned.

"Or maybe he just saw the big vintage car coming up the drive," Owen pointed.

Jack laughed as the Doctor scowled. "Sorry, Doc."

"You can impress them later," the Alchemist giggled, patting him on the shoulder.

"Nice house," Ianto tilted his head.

"Come on," the Doctor headed for the side.

The six of them peered around just in time to hear the remaining bit of the conversation. " . . . yourselves comfortable in your rooms," the butler was saying to two men, one a vicar, the other an older man. "Cocktails will be served on the lawn from half past four."

"You go on up," the man told the vicar. "I need to check something in the library."

"Oh?" the vicar asked.

"Alone."

"It's supposed to be a party! All this work will be the death of you!"

Donna brightened. "Never mind Planet Zog!" she gushed. "A party in the 1920s! That's more like it!"

"But we haven't been invited," Owen reminded her.

Jack just smirked. "But haven't we?"

"Oh, yes, we have," the Doctor held up his psychic paper with a wink.

***

"Why do girls take so long?" Owen groaned later, thumping his head against the TARDIS.

"They're girls," was the only answer Ianto could think up.

The Doctor knocked on the door. "We'll be late for cocktails!" he shouted.

The Alchemist opened the door and smirked when his jaw dropped, along with her brothers'. "You don't rush perfection, Doctor," she patted his cheek as she stepped out. "Jack, Owen, fix your jaws, will you?"

Ianto just snickered as Jack and Owen hastened to do what she said. "You look wonderful, Alchemist."

"Thank you, someone that can speak," the Alchemist smirked.

"Oh," the Doctor began.

"My," Owen went on.

"God," Jack finished, eyes wide. "Lexi, you look gorgeous."

"Party in the 1920s," the Alchemist did a twirl. "Did you think I wouldn't dress up?"

She had bypassed the red dresses immediately and had gone straight for the emerald green. It was strapless and had dangling beads, going to her knees before stopping. Gold silk gloves went past her elbows, silver charm bracelets on her wrists. To top it all off, she had found a white feather boa and a gold headache band decorated with green and silver beads, her blonde hair tucked in on itself, sparkling gold heeled sandals on her feet. "And for all of that, she's quick," Donna added as she came out in a simple brown beaded dress and flats. "I kept asking her who she wanted to impress."