Epilogue

The Doctor and the Alchemist say their final goodbyes to Wilf, and then they're off into the next book!

Enjoy their epilogue!

***

"Ah," the Doctor winced as he walked out into pouring rain. "You'll have quite a bit of this. Atmospheric disturbance. Still, it'll pass. Everything does."

"Bye, Wilf," the Alchemist smiled, giving him a hug.

"What about you two now?" Wilf asked. "Who've you got? I mean, each other, obviously. But all those friends and family of yours?"

"They've all got someone else, just like we've got each other," the Doctor answered, smiling as the Alchemist took his hand. "Still, that's fine. We're fine."

"We'll watch out for you," Wilf vowed. "Every night, when it gets dark, and the stars come out, we'll look up. We'll look up at the sky and think of the two of you."

The Doctor smiled, touched. "Thank you, Wilfred."

"Oh," Wilf called just before they left. "And whenever that wedding is, we'll be expecting an invitation!"

The Alchemist just laughed and tugged the Doctor back to the TARDIS, though he, too, was grinning. Wilf saluted after them, the Alchemist returning it as she pulled him back in. "We really do need to figure that out," she gave him a grin.

"Well, we don't need to get married right away," the Doctor rolled his eyes.

"We both just died," the Alchemist reminded him.

"And I barely know this you," the Doctor countered, putting a hand on her cheek. "Wouldn't want to basically marry a stranger."

She squawked indignantly, making him laugh. "You bozo!" she slapped him in the chest.

He just laughed and kissed her, the Alchemist kissing him back as the TARDIS buzzed happily. Her Pilots were alive, and together, and happy.

Just as they deserved to be.

***

To be continued in "The Finishing Touch!"

Wow, that took so much longer than it should have to finish! Way to go, senior year, for giving me way too much senioritis, and to Europe, when I went to bed or came back to the apartment way past midnight.

Thank you to everyone who stuck with me, and for what I put these two through in this torturous book. Now it's on to happier times in the Series 4 Specials - which I am more than willing to start, if people would like me to get to work on "The Next Doctor." So, let me know - do I start writing the Eleventh Alchemist right away, or let everyone suffer through "Gridlock," "The Lodger," and "Kill the Moon" first?

Let me know, guys. Until then . . . long live the OTPs!

 ~ Miss Moffat