Chapter 2 (Asher)

- Some hours before the call - 

It had been an hour since the team in charge of the food left to the market, and the cooling system was still damaged. I needed to find a solution, why was this happening? Was it the government already taking the electricity, had the creatures figured out a way to jam the devices that provided us that electricity? 

It couldn't be, the lights in the hideout still worked perfectly, there were many of them since its a big place. While we tried to fix the cooling system we needed a way to make this smell go away, so I decided to call in for some help. 

"Trina, Gordon, come here". 

As soon as I called them they came willing to help, we help each other out, and that's a big plus, it's one of the most important things for survival.

"For what do you need us Asher?" Trina said.

"I need you to go to the closest clothing store and check to see if you find any perfumes or cologne  or fragrance, anything that takes out the bad smell from here" I said.

"Right away sir" replied Gordon.

I don't know why but everyone treated me like the leader, so I had to act like one, and take everything seriously. We had already taken out the food to a close trash can outside the hideout, there was nothing to eat and people were starting to get cranky. 

"Any luck repairing the cooling system Jeff?" I asked.

"Nope. Still not working, I'm figuring we will have to go get another one at the hardware store, it would buy us time and effort."

It was an intelligent thing to say, and the closest hardware store wasn't that far away, thirty minutes or so, walking. I need to send more people, today was starting to be a busy day already. This was a job for a bulky and strong man, I already sent Jerome to the market so he wasn't an option. I figured I could send Jeff since he knew about technology, but I needed the strength now.

"Derek, Gabriel".

I continued talking as they came closer.

"I need you to go with Jeff to the hardware store to bring a new refrigerator."

They nodded and off they went. We only have five cars and we can't loose so many gas in a day, so I told them to walk their way to the hardware store. It was starting to get hot in here, all this tension, all this angry and hungry people made me feel under pressure.

As the time went by people came to me to ask me if he had any tabs on the food team, of course I told them i didn't have any. They were starting to complain about it being my fault, that I should have checked the night before, that I should do a better work.

I explained them that help was on the way, but they were just to hungry to listen. It was already 1p.m, and people had had nothing to eat, we were saving the snacks in case something happened to the food team. I had to do something to take my mind off the topic, I had to take a break, so I went outside.

The city looked sadder each day more than the previous one. Things were already starting to look creepy out here, I wonder if we will survive much longer. 

What was I thinking?! How could I be a leader with this attitude? I decided it was time to make some changes in my personality, from now on I will be more optimistic.

Now I had to do something about the people at the hideout, they were starving, the last time they ate was last night at eight, I had to give out the snacks, even though those were our last supplies, I figured it was okay, since the food group was already on their way to the market.