Chapter 7 (Marissa)

I woke up in the middle of the night with a thud. Some one had hit his foot with my bed. I stood up, my vision was blurry and my head was spinning. The dirt under my feet was cold. I wasn't able to walk for some seconds, I was too dizzy. I rubbed my eyes to see who could have been up at this hours of the night. Once I started to walk the cold air made its way to my body, through my pajamas. I was wearing a pink outfit. A long sleeve t-shirt and some pink pants.

I walked around looking for someone, anyone. I was about to go back to bed when I heard murmuring cut the deadly silence in the room. Someone was awake, and I was going to find out who. 

I went bed through be searching for him or her. I went past Asher's bed, he still had that bandage. His wound didn't seem to be healing. He has also acting really weird this past days. He doesn't have the kind of patience now that he had before. Now we get to hear him screaming and shouting at everyone for small mistakes. I wonder what is happening to him.

I arrived at Brent's bed, he looks so peaceful. I found him cute while sleeping. Am I developing strong feelings towards Brent? No. I need to focus on survival. And right now I need to focus on finding who the hell is awake.

 I started walking again, after stopping to look at Brent I immediately noticed Jerome was missing. 

Out of the blue a body jumped up in the darkness of the hideout. Was it him? I had to get closer. 

Once I got near him I murmured, "What the hell are you doing awake?".

"Remember the bag Sam was carrying, the one in which he said he had memories from his past?" He replied.

"Yeah? So what? We all have something to remember the past". I remembered him.

"Well I didn't believe him, so I came here and took out his bag to figure out what he had inside". He said.

"How rude o-" He interrupted me in mid-sentence.

"Shut up and take a look at what he has inside the bag."

Where my eyes lying to me? Was this a joke? It looked to real to be fake.

Right in front of my eyes, inside the bag, there was a small capsule filled with water and a machine attached to it. Inside the capsule there was a creatures head. Just its head. Jerome interrupted my thoughts.

"I'm guessing this machine keeps the head alive, working like a heart or something." He said.

I barely heard him, my mind was in shock. I still couldn't believe he carried a head with him up and down. Jerome started talking again.

"I'm figuring his using this head to find some type of cure, but I still have one question. How the fuck did he get it?" He asked.

He had a point, I mean I get that he is trying to find a cure and everything. He is after all a scientist. But how did he get the head? Was he some type of soldier or something too? I guess we would have to wait until tomorrow to ask him.

I started to talk, "Come on Jerome, let's go to sleep. That shit is giving me the creeps. We will ask him tomorrow."

"Fair enough". That was all he said. 

I was hoping for some argument, a comment against me. Saying I don't know something like "NO, we have to wake him up now, and show him we discovered he is a liar". I was relieved he was willing to get some sleep.

He was tired, I noticed because as soon as he got to his bed he fell asleep. On the other hand I wasn't able to get sleep. That thing just gave goosebumps. It was going to be a rough night and I knew it.