Chapter 9 (Marissa)

We were surrounded, three vs three. No where to run, nothing to fight with. I looked at my friends, they were determined to fight for their lives. We had already lost Jerome, and we were far from home. I was freaking out, unlike Brent, he had determination in his eyes. After losing Jerome, his best friend he wouldn'r lose anyone else. You could see in his eyes that he would fight until death.

I couldn't, I started backing of, step by step slowly, the fear ruling my body, not letting me run. I hit the wall behind me, there was no where to run. I started to move slowly to my right, trying to get to Brent to cover myself behind him. 

The creatures where coming closer, this ones took their time, making us fear them, fear the last moments of life that we had. I hit something, something hard. I looked o the floor and there it was, our salvation. I delivered my message to Brent.

"Brent cover me, I'm gonna take us out of here". 

He looked back, noticed the ladder on my hands and nodded.

It was heavy, real heavy, but the adrenaline rushing through my body gave me the strength I needed. I quickly set it to the side and positioned it so that we could climb to the roof of the house next to us.

Then I heard a scream. There was a creature on the ground and Brent was no longer by my side. He was over the creature hitting it over and over, black blood coming out in all directions. While Nick distracted the other two with his amazing speed. I gave the signal. The ladder was ready.

"We are ready to go." I yelled.

I started up the ladder, it was slippery from the mud and hard to climb. I got to the roof of the building, the cold night air hitting my face, making its way through my skin making me shiver. My short hair didn't flow with the wind and it didn't hit my face. I was actually starting to like my new haircut.

Nick was next, Brent had taken a stick from the ground and had started to stab them with the sharp edge of it. The were backing of, but not for a long time.

Nick came up quickly, fastr than me, skipping some stairs while coming up.

Brent came at last, he made it up the stairs in just a moment, even faster than Nick had done it. His shirt covered in black blood form the fight he had with the creature.

We gathered ourselves and started to think of a plan.

"What are we going to do?" I asked.

"Okay first of all you need to know that we are not safe here, they know where we are and they will come back. So we need to move, stealthily and rapidly, and that has to be now." Brent said.

We started running, jumping from roof to roof. The roofs were close to each other making it easier for us to travel. The world from here looked like we had no salvation. Creatures searching the cars for flesh, screaming and hitting each other. Eating anything they could find, from a roach to a squirrel. But  nothing was enough for them. 

The view made me think we had actually no salvation that it would be better for us to give in and end with this sufferment. But there was actually still a chance of survival. Sam could find the cure, we could get everything back to normal. Someone interrupted my thoughts.

Brent started to talk. "We need to find our car, we need to make our way back to the nuclear plant and take the Bugatti. Hide ourselves in there and stay the night. Plus I have some guns and provisions there, I took them just in case. I know I broke the rules, and I didn't ask for permission to bring extra food and extra guns, but we needed them as you can see."

He was right, and if we could make it to the Bugatti, we could make it through the night. 

"But how are we gonna get there? Where are we even going?" Nick asked.