Chapter 11 (Nick)

I woke up with a weird feeling on my stomach, so I decided to go to the bathroom. I checked my watch, it was 4:02 a.m. screams could be heard still at this hours.

After going to the bathroom my stomach now felt empty, the grumbling sound echoed through the room, the cold dirt under my feet made me shiver.  I decided to eat a peanut butter sandwich, they were my favorites.

I took the jar  and the bread out of the pantry. I went to the counter and ducked to open the lower drawer to get a small plate. After I had all my ingredients I opened another drawer to take out a knife to spread the peanut butter. 

As I was reaching out to get it I felt a prick on my finger and then it felt wet. I flinched at the touch and took my hand out. I had cut my self with the knife.

It had been just a small cut so I sucked the blood coming out of my finger. Even though the cut was small it itched like hell.

When I finished my snack my mouth felt dry and my teeth felt sticky so I went to get a drink. I was heading to the freezer when I heard some noises behind me. I looked back and to my surprise Brent was awake. 

He never woke up in the middle of the night, so I asked him what had happened.

"I just felt something was wrong." He said.

"Well everything is all right, I woke up to go to the bathroom and then I got hungry and now I got thirsty, its kind of a vicious cycle."

He chuckled to my answer.

I continued to head towards the freezer, the crystal had fogged up from the cold ice, but there was something darker, a silhouette, someone was inside there.

I opened it slowly, my heart beat growing faster and faster each passing second, my hands were shaking now I couldn't almost control them. 

What I saw inside the freezer was something I had to double check, someone I had to double check better said. 

I moved my sight towards Asher's bed, and then to the freezer again, not being able to believe my eyes. His body laid there so still, so numb, so white. 

His skin was barley different to the color of the ice around him, it was pale blue, life lacked from his face, his body. His hand rested on the ice floor with a silver gun laying over it. It had a silencer attached to it. 

Still in shock I noticed his other was tucked deep down in his pocket, as if he didn't want for something to come out.

Two words came out of my mouth, two words that made Brent jump and come running towards me at the speed of light. 

"Holy fuck."

"Asher?!"  That was all he could say.

He repeated it over nd over as if those words would bring him back to life, he could not belive it, no one could. The others had already woken up and were watching the lifeless body resting on the inside of the freezer.

"We have to take him out, and bury him and make ceremony to honor him." I said.

"If we are going to do it, we are going to it for Jerome too, we can bury some of his things." Said Brent.

Trina and Gordon just nodded.

We had to wait till morning came, no one could go back to sleep, with this tragedy just in front of our eyes.

I noticed something on the floor, something that hadn't been there before, it was a piece of paper, it was a little bit wet, I figured it had to be what Asher was holding in his pocket.