Chapter 5 (Asher)

-Some hours before the food team's arrival-

I looked at my phone, not being able to believe this was actually happening. A wave of pain went through me. My wound, it started to hurt like hell. Becky said I was going to be okay, so I thought it was only the tension I was in that made it worse. I had to relax.

I went to the center of the hideout and called everyone's attention. I had to tell them the news.

"Everyone, listen!". Every time I talked the wound started to hurt even more. But I had to go on, they had to know.

"The food team is experiencing some trouble!". I needed to shout, everyone was already gossiping about what will happen to them.

"Hey! Everyone chill! We don't know what will happen to them, let's just hope for the best! If they don't come back we are going to have a bad time! Our lives depend on them right now!". The wound, I looked down, it started to bleed again.

A negative comment made the way through the crowd and into my ear. "Great we are going to die".

"Who said that?" I yelled.

Dean raised his hand. He actually had a negative attitude most of the time, but in a time like this? I couldn't let him go away with that, he will freak out the whole group. Everyone was already getting nervous and I had already a lot of problems my self.

I couldn't walk that well, my wound was bleeding again, I had a whole team fighting creatures, I wasn't sure they were coming back, we were out of food, people was getting cranky again and now negative comments about giving up? No, I had to make him shut up.

"If you think we are already going to die, you are really wrong! We will fight, cause we didn't make it three months into the disease for nothing. If we are going to die, we will die as fighters, cause that's what we are. If you don't think we will make it through you might as well had given your self in from the start! So shut up and calm down!"

That actually made him shut up. One problem solved, still there were more.

I went to check on everyone, handing out one more snack per person. Snacks were already running out. We had to think, what will we do after the market runs out? We had to figure it out, we have to come up with another solution.

Great, more problems piling up. I figured I'd get some sleep, my wound was hurting like hell and I had to take my mind off topic. Once I reached my bed, I fell asleep almost immediately.

I was dreaming. I was there at the supermarket, creatures were eating Brent, Nick, Jerome and Marissa. I saw a gun at the floor, I tried to take it, but my hand went right through it. I couldn't understand. I tried for the gun again, I still couldn't get a grasp on it. It was useless.

I started to run towards the monsters. I had never ran so fast, I was almost flying. I'm guessing this is what Nick felt while running. I closed my eyes to take the hit, but when I opened them, I looked around and I had gone through the creature. I closed my eyes again, running towards another one of the monsters, when I opened my eyes I was at my bed.

I was sweating, I was hot really hot. So I decided to go out and take a walk.

Once out of the hideout something made me smile, in front of me the guys were alive, and they had food, a lot of it.

I started talking "Oh hey guys! You are alright! I'm so relieved!".

Then Brent made a question. "What happened to you Asher? Why do you have that bandage?"

"Someone stabbed me at the hideout, I will figure a punishment for her later." I replied.

"Are you okay? I can check it out if you want". Brent said.