X

" Let's make a deal " Charlie announces, one way or another she will gain something from this.

" Sure as long as it involves ropes, a squeaky bed, possibly another person and my big-"

" Luke! Not that kind of deal " she huffs, cutting Luke off before his ego got to big for his body.

" Then what kind of deal Kitten " Luke questions, his chin resting on his hand as he leans across the kitchen counter.

" One that will require for me to love you unconditionally if you do something for me " she explains, offering Luke unlimited love was the best leverage she could muster. But that's all it took Luke for him to be striding towards Charlie. He kneeled down in front of her as she sat at the dining table.

" What can I do, anything, you name it!" Luke desperately asks, he was willing to do anything for her love. Taking her hands in his he kisses her knuckles waiting for a reply. Her long silence was building the suspension, his body was trembling with anticipation of finally having that one thing he couldn't control - until now.

" You have to admit yourself to a psychiatric ward, you need help Luke and once you do I can love you " Charlie sighs, " but I can't love you until you do, and if you don't go then you have to bring Grace back " she states. She predicted several reactions out of Luke from this statements. First was he would easily comply, secondly he would go ballistic and third do the unpredictable.

Luke was standing in a blink of an eye, this was definitely one thing he wasn't expecting. His height towering Charlie as she sat in the chair looking up to Luke, keeping eye contact so he knew she was dead serious. Quickly debating with himself ( masturbating *cough*) Luke conjured up a quick plan which would make them both happy.

" Fine " he grunts, Charlie smiling in accomplishment.

" I will find some places and contact them today " Luke sighs, ruffling his hair before stalking off.

So Luke chose to do the unpredictable.

.

Luke had made an placement at a local facility, where he will spend three weeks. At least he could compare the standards to the prisons was his most optimistic thought. As the days got closer to Luke's departure the tension definitely grew, Luke became more on edge and Charlie was glad that he was going to get help and tiptoed around him as if he was a teenage girl on their first period. Of course that only aggravated him more.

On the day of Luke leaving Charlie felt that now Luke was leaving she wants him, although it was only for a few weeks. His bags were set next to the front door but Luke had one minor detail he hadn't told Charlie yet, but she was about to find out.

" You made the right choice " Charlie says, kissing Luke's cheek. Luke simply nods and picks up his bags, a taxi parked on the curb waiting for Luke. Charlie saw this as an opportunity to go back to Sydney, get away from Luke although she has gotten used to being around him again. But things are better without him.

" Bye Baby Girl " Luke mumbles, placing a soft kiss on her forehead. These next few weeks will be hell but he has faith that he will come back and Charlie will love him more than ever. Luke walks out the door, giving a small wave before putting his luggage in the trunk of the car and hopping into the taxi. The car slowly departs, Luke looking at Charlie as he gets further away from her.

Charlie closes the door and wonders up to the bedroom, getting out a bag she starts shoving clothes into it. Rummaging through the cupboards and searching ever nook trying to find anything that will be useful. The better she was out of here the better. Charlie finds a bunch of cash stashed in the back of one of Luke's drawers. Taking it without a thought it adds up to be $275, perfect to get her going.

Placing the cash in the bag she zips up the stuffed bag, looking at her attire - jeans and a simple white crew neck. She shrugs, presentable and comfortable.

Grabbing a pair of converse she slips them on, taking the bag she walks down the stairs and open the front door. Seeing a black car pull into the driveway, Charlie immediately locks the door.
Running upstairs to a front window. But before she knows it the front door lock clicks.

" Honey I am home " a person hollers, someone that's not Luke.

Click vote to find out who is home!

Should I do a Q&A?

Left you on a Cliffhanger! Whoops, Anyway how has your day been?

published: 8/06/16

word count; 810