Truth or dare

"Would you stop doing that? It's distracting," hissed Hermione Granger angrily for the third time today. It had only been fifteen minutes since her and Draco Malfoy had walked in the library and he was already doing something that made Hermione want to throw something at him.

"Stop doing what? Stop doing this?" asked Draco with an arched eyebrow, tapping his fingers against the table.

Hermione nodded.

Draco slowly stopped drumming his fingers on the table and looked at Hermione expectantly.

"Go back to your work Mudblood. The quill's not going to write by itself," commanded Draco snobbishly.

Hermone gave him a dirty look before she continued to write the Transfiguration essay (which was due the next day).

Under normal circumstances, Hermione would have made her partner do half (or at least a little bit of the work) even though most of the times, she would correct and change what the other person wrote. But her partner was Draco Malfoy and Hermione doubted that he even paid attention in class. There was no way that she would let him ruin her high mark, which she had worked so hard on achieving.

The moment that Hermione's quill touched the long parchment, she could hear fingers drumming against the table. The inkbottle near her left elbow was shaking as the drumming got louder and louder.

"Do you have a problem or something?" she snapped heatedly, louder than she expected.

After earning a dark look from Madam Pince, the librarian who was arranging books nearby, Hermione threw the smirking Draco another dirty look.

"What? Are you annoyed with this?" he asked innocently.

"We've already been through this," replied Hermione between clenched teeth. There was a slight pause. Hermione opened her mouth to say thank you (she had to show manners of course) when Draco began drumming his fingers again.

"Then, I'll just keep on doing it," he replied smirking at her.

"Malfoy, you-" started Hermione but was silenced by Madam Pince once more.

Fine, then I'll just ignore him, she thought as she continued with her work.

Some time passed in silence and Hermione's anger towards Draco slowly subsided. That was until he started talking again.

Why does he have to open his mouth? she thought in annoyance.

"What do you want?" she hissed, staring at him for the first time in ten minutes.

The smirk was still in place, his left hand ruffling his blonde hair. A mischievous gleam was in his eyes as he repeated what he said.

"Truth or dare, Granger?" he said, barely over a whisper.

"I'm not playing," refused Hermione instantly.

Of course she wouldn't play, she didn't have time for that. And beside, Hermione could picture the kind of dare Malfoy had in mind.

"Are you chickened, Granger?" he asked in a mocked voice.

Hermione looked at him straight in the eye, defiant. "No Malfoy, but unlike you, I do want to get my work done."

"Excuses, excuses," drawled Draco with a wave of his hand. Hermine's eyes narrowed.

"No, they're not excuses, it's the truth. This is due tomorrow Malfoy, in case you've forgotten," said Hermione angrily, "And besides, you can just forget it because I'm not going to hang myself or jump off a building for a dare, Malfoy."