Selfless

Hi Everyone! So this is based on an early delena scene in the vampire diaries (picture above) if you like the vampire diaries I'm actually working on a fic between one of my Oc's and Klaus because who doesn't love a sexy hybrid?😂 anyway...

Draco Malfoy was tired, after all the lessons he had that day, one being double runes. After trying to train with his quidditch team who were a bunch of bumbling baboons, after doing his patrols with Pansy who wouldn't shut up about her fascination with Finnigan which disgusted him. He'd put his wand in a knot and explode if he went anywhere near her. Yes Draco Malfoy was very tired. All he wanted to do was climb into his bed and sleep. Yet fate wasn't in his favour. As he climbed in through the portrait door the thing which infuriated his senses since first year was sitting on the sofa, head thrown into a pillow crying its eyes out.

Hermione Granger, the beautiful Hermione Granger. He'd been too blinded by pride to notice her in his younger years, yet the war had been won. His father? Dead. What was stopping him from claiming what he truly wanted? He was scared that and everyone knew she and a Hufflepuff had been owling and eye fucking each other in charms. It was sickening. The blonde coughed rather loudly to get the lions attention, her head shot up, her eyes were red from crying, her nose runny. She looked awful. Beautiful as always but she looked so sad, so broken.

They had somewhat a friendship, everyday he'd sit with her they'd do homework and they'd talk about everything. She comforted him when his dad passed, he comforted her when Weasley broke up with her. They had an understanding.

"M..Malfoy!, you look so tired are you okay?" She stuttered out as she ran to his side.

"Granger, I'm fine. What's gotten into you what's wrong?" He looked down at her, his heart breaking as he saw tears glide down her red face.

"Kai.. he's not only speaking to me! He's speaking to another three girls all from different houses so no one knows, he lied to me Malfoy" she blubbered

"Oh granger, look at me" he titled her chin up with his middle finger and took a deep breath. "You are a beautiful women, you are strong and intelligent, you are also selfless too selfless, you need to be selfish Granger, do what you want to do, not what others want!" He ranted

"I hate being selfish Malfoy! I absolutely hate it, all these books I read. Selfish people lose. Look at Voldemort, he was selfish, he lost. Whatever game I'm playing I don't want to lose Malfoy!"

"Voldemort was a fucking psychopath  Granger! You need to be selfish" he grabbed her arms.

"Says you! You're incredibly selfless, all you do is help others in fear you'll turn out like him as well so don't say I'm the only one Malfoy" she raised her voice as anger ricocheted through her. "Why don't you be selfish Malfoy! You use to be! Why can't you don't you stand here and say I need to be selfish, you are being a hypocrite"

"I can't be selfish Granger" he roared backing her into the table where they studied every night.

"Why not Malfoy! Don't be a coward come on"

"Because I can't be selfish when it comes to you! If you haven't realised Granger I'm hopelessly in fucking love with you and I have been since day one! Yet I was too proud to do jack all. You want me to be selfish? Fine. I want you Granger, I want you to be there when I sleep and wake up, I want to hear my name coming from your mouth as you hit climax, I want to hear how much you love me, I want to be with you in every way possible. I want to know yours hopes and dreams and achieve them with you, but I can't. I'm too selfless to have what I really want. And if I'm being selfish then I'll have you Granger, every little part of you." He dipped his head and smashed his lips to hers, pouring all his anger and passion into one simple kiss, Yet the realisation of her not kissing him back made him pull away.

"I love you Granger, maybe when you've decided to be more selfish you can love me too, don't act like it's not there. I see it, everyone does. You want me. You just haven't realised it unlike the rest of the school." He turned away and headed up to his room.

Draco Malfoy was tired, after all this time, he confessed now all he had to do was wait.