✧Chapter 2✧

"Thank you so much, Mark." Jack said trying the name out for the first time. It seemed to come naturally to him, Sean liked that very much. "It really was no problem. If Dark wanted you for something I'm sure it was for nothing good, so I'm really just fulfilling my purpose." Mark replied smoothly with a smile of his own.

"Your purpose?" Jack asked, remembering Mark's introduction as the 'guardian of dreams'. Mark realized how confusing this could be for a human boy and scratched his neck awkwardly. "Yeah, my purpose. I'm an entity created to simply protect this dimension from Dark who was created to destroy this dimension. Whoever, or whatever created this dimension really couldn't make up it's damn mind." Mark said, his tone going from serious and explanatory to a little more comical and relaxed. Jack smiled for once feeling a little happy and at ease. "It seems so. You're quite lucky your purpose is so clear to you, I wish I knew what mine was." Jack breathed honestly looking to his thumbs that his was twiddling a little shyly. "You'll figure it out someday Jack, there's no need to rush the discovery. It's much more fun to just explore what your purpose could be." Mark said.

He saw that the conversation was becoming to serious for his liking so he decided to use his powers and bended the atmosphere in Jack's dream. They were in a beautiful green forest clearing, the sun beaming on them, a slight breeze tickled at their skin and made the green leaves on the trees rustle ever so slightly. There was also the sound of the waterfall, the water rushing through the rocks and constantly falling creating a serene and beautiful atmosphere for the two. Jack looked around in awe, taking in the beauty and this feeling of calm and relief that washed over him as he allowed himself to sit down on a quite conveniently placed rock at the ledge of the pool of water from the bottom of a wondrous water fall. Curiously his hands skimmed past the water and he was surprised at how real it felt. Granted everything in his dreams felt real to him, but this was the first nice thing that felt real. The water was cool on his pale skin and felt refreshing as he pulled his hand way it made pretty ripples that faded into the body of water.

Mark smiled as he saw the look of shock and wonder in his new companion's eyes. Mark found the boy quite spectacular, and decently attractive. Mark shook away the thoughts, he was meant to protect him not to do anything else he shouldn't even be visible to him he should simply watch over him as usually does with the people he protects yet here Mark was taking steps closer to the boy. He sat down next to him putting a hand on his shoulder as he made some small fish appear in the body of water and watched as Jack giggled a little and allowed the creatures to swim around and tickle his hands. A loud obnoxious noise filled the world, and it was none other than Jack's alarm. Jack frowned not wanting to leave but smiled to Mark.

"Will I see you again?" Jack asked, hope in his eyes. Mark mentally screamed at himself to say no but his body would not comply. "But, of course. I'll be waiting right here." Mark replied and Jack smiled widely and jumped with glee wrapping his arms around Mark. "Can't wait! Thank you again, I'll see you tonight." Jack rushed out giddily. Jack vanished from Mark's arms meaning he had woken up, Mark finally allowed himself to blush when he was sure Jack was gone and swore to himself that no matter what he would only protect Jack and not put him into any more danger then he already was. If Mark were to actually truly care for Jack in that  sense he knew Dark would use it against him as a weakness and he could not let that occur. So with that, Mark proceeded to wait for Jack to come back into the dream dimension.

Jack woke up happily, a smile on his face as he jumped out of bed and began to get ready for school. He was humming by the time he was zipping up his hoodie and putting his phone into his pocket, it was a simple flip phone but it did it's job well enough. Jack walked downstairs to see the rest already sat at the table eating breakfast and began to get himself a bowl of cereal. The rest of the residents were quite shocked. Jack was usually in tears in mornings and would need to be forced to eat but today here he was smiling brightly and pouring himself some food. He looked over the table to see the three younger children that lived with him. One of them was Adam, he was around ten years old and was placed into the system by his parents. He had curly black hair that stuck up in every which way , skin almost paler than Jack's and soft brown eyes, next to Adam sat Kenneth. He was a relatively quiet nine-year-old who minded his own business and always wore his precious bear hat. He had dark brown hair and eyes similar to Adam's. Finally next to Ken was  Ryan. He wore a white mask all the time but they had grown to love the goof for his personality. Despite all these kids having been put through the absolute most cruel sentiment possible, abandonment by blood, they still managed to have such unique and loveable personalities.