✧Chapter 3✧

And so the day went on. Mark walked around the building he was spawned to, he soon learned it was called a high school. It was familiar but, at first, Mark couldn't place his finger on it until he saw a student crying in the hallway. Dark used to use this as a prime location for nightmares, that's why it was familiar. Mark huffed at the thought, mentally cursing Dark out as he kind of just wandered. He wasn't a registered student (hell he didn't even know what that was) so he couldn't just walk into a class, nor did he know to do so.

Mark felt so lost. Nothing seemed the slightest bit familiar to him. Then he had a slight fear, his heart jumping at the thought. He looked to his hand and moved his fingers to see a shimmer and he gave a sigh of relief. He still had some power so at least that was something familiar, one thing out of approximately five million. Mark found the exit after an hour of searching, finally. The dream guardian walked outside and into the parking lot looking at the cars. He recognized these from Jack's nightmare that Dark would always taunt him with. Of course Mark never understood cars, what they were used for and why several young teens dreamed of driving them. He frowned in frustration, why didn't he know these things? How did Dark know them? Why? It made no sense to him and it just made Mark, mad. Again, something unfamiliar to him.

"Damn it..." Mark grumbled as he rubbed his temples in frustration. For the first time in his prolonged existence he also felt fatigue. The droopy feeling was so unknown, almost as much as it was unwelcome. Mark didn't want to sleep he just wanted to get back to his home, his dimension. Where he could actually understand things and know what to do instead of being so clueless.

"What the hell are ye doing? Standing in a parking lot like that. Ya bloke, you're just askin' to get steamed." Mark heard from behind him and turned around to see Jack. Mark seemed slightly confused, though pleased to see his only beacon of hope lighting before him.

"Sorry, I uh, sorry." Mark murmured out flustered, slowly walking towards Jack away from the parking lot and to the safety of the slowly dying out grass from the increasingly cold weather. Mark looked to Jack, truly overlooked him and noticing all the changes that weren't apparent from watching his dreams.

His stubble was new, though Mark was aware of Jack's desire to grow it for a while now. He had a tattoo on his forearm, Mark didn't get it but he often saw some similar designs in one of Jack's more adventurous and creative dreams from around last year. Mark then looked to his hair seeing it a vibrant green, definitely standing out. Jack saw the staring and tilted his head.

"What are you staring at? Why are you even still here, I'm taking my medication. Maybe I'm hallucinating? Can drinking do that?" Jack began to question and Mark had to try not to face palm. Mark sighed and rubbed his forehead in thought.

"How can I prove to you that I'm real, and that I really need your assistance, desperately require it." Mark said, desperation in his tone. Jack looked seeing the helplessness in Mark's eyes and felt like he was looking into the mirror of the bus when he was forced to leave Carrie's. Jack remembered how much he had begged to stay, begged for her to give him another chance.

Jack only sighed, mulling it over mentally. Mark was there in front of him, claiming he knew his dreams, claiming he had a reason to not appear and make him seem. No, make him feel insane and childish. Jack took a deep breath, still seeming to be debating mentally in silence as he looked to Mark noticing the bags under his eyes he raised an eyebrow.

"When did ye last rest?" Jack found himself asking. Mark only blinked at the response, tilting his head. He seemed unfamiliar with the term giving Jack his answer. Though it didn't exactly surprise him. If Mark was the guardian of dreams it would make sense he wouldn't need to sleep, and wouldn't be able to since he is constantly defending dreams from Dark. Though Jack hypothesized that the different dimension was slowly converting Mark and turning him more human if that made sense.