✧Chapter 5✧

Jack had to use all of his willpower to not cringe at the Sweedish male smirking and calling to him. The sandy-blond, Sweedish, blue eyed manager of the establishment was none other than Felix Kjellberg, as it was depicted on his name tag as well as it was in Jack's memories from a few months ago, memories he was trying to avoid. Honestly, if Jack wanted to be taunted he would have gone back to school. At the least, Jack was more than glad at Mark's obliviousness to Jack's discomfort in the café. Jack didn't necessarily believe Mark to be a guardian of his dreams, but he did believe that he was not just a figment of his own imagination. When he saw Felix look over to him and puff his chest out in attempt to intimidate Mark who just blinked silently and looked to Jack for an explanation. Jack was slowly starting to believe that perhaps Mark was troubled upstairs, never taught the ropes or well...anything apart from speech and imagination. In short, Jack was making mental notes to look up Asylum's and mental institutes but for now exposing Mark to some society couldn't be too bad, he hoped.

Just because he had yet to fully believe Mark, even despite the prior miracles from earlier, it didn't mean he wasn't concerned or wary given the advice.

While Felix was attempting to assert his dominance over the completely confused Mark, Jack managed to sneak a sugar packet into his jean pockets and sigh before clearing his throat getting both males attention. Jack smiled proudly at that seeing both of their attention was unwavering from him.

"Alrighty then, Felix this is Mark. Mark this is Felix, an acquaintance of mine. He'll be your boss so listen and learn a lot from him okay? Now let me talk to Felix for a second and just take a seat somewhere, and do not touch anything or talk to anyone or do anything or move. Okay?" Jack introduced and basically ordered. Felix's face seemed to drop at being called a mere acquaintance, whilst Mark only nodded and took a seat in the corner booth.

Jack and Felix were off to the back room leaving Mark in the booth alone.
Don't touch anything
Don't talk
Don't move
The expectations of Jack rang in Mark's mind. His hands were hovering off the table, his eyes were straight. Somehow it was harder than he expected to simply not do anything. Mark wondered briefly just how long he would be stuck in such a miserable position. Being mortal with the ability to be injured, killed even. He couldn't protect Jack anymore, and apparently his most apparent use would be serving hot beverages that caffeinated people to the point they didn't sleep. The literal opposite of what he normally did.

It was hard to keep a positive outlook, Mark could feel every minute of being away from his own dimension draining his power piece by piece. Working this job wasn't going to get Mark the answers he needed, but perhaps he could still use it. Yes, if he couldn't keep Jack happy in his dreams anymore he'd simply keep him happy in this dimension. Without powers it was sure to be more difficult, but Mark was willing to put the effort in. Anything for his Jack.

Before Mark would realize Jack was shaking him. A strong hand on his shoulder causing him to snap out of thought.
"When I said don't touch anything I didn't mean the table you moron." Jack sighed, though the corner of Jack's lips were slightly upturned finding it humorous how well Mark followed his orders. Like a fluffy golden retriever in the palm of Jack's hand.
"Oh, sorry. I suppose I should have guessed." Mark would admit to his foolishness and go to take a stand only for Jack to motion him to sit down again.

"I'm confused." Mark pointed out bluntly and Jack needed to cover his mouth to stifle the slight laugh. It was funny how clueless Mark was to being sociable in a sense. Hilarious, even.
"First, you don't have to announce being confused. Your face is animated enough to show otherwise. Second, we're having a quick lunch. Felix is treating us, since you'll be working here from now on." Jack explained and would get himself comfortable. Mark watched as Jack adjusted the leather jacket and got himself comfortable. There was an awkward silence briefly, both boys looking at one another from across the table.

"D'you like music?" Jack asked out of the blue to break the silence and slowly building tension. Mark was taken aback a moment, looking to his sides to be sure Jack wasn't talking to someone else.
"Music sounds different between dimensions. I prefer this dimension's variation of music more though." It was an honest reply.
"I'm in a band, we aren't big or anything but...well I don't trust you alone in the house. We have a gig on Friday. Some bar. We'll get you some ID by then, you're coming." Jack decided for Mark. Of course Mark would have said yes anyway. The dream guardian was beaming absolutely thrilled that he could attend one of Jack's concerts.

"Hey, do you remember the dreams you had on being in a band?" Mark would ask, Jack tightening up but ultimately he would relax and nod. Trying to get Mark to speak further on them.
"You'd be on the drums, calling the band in on tempo. You'd have large audiences cheering your name. Signings afterword some interesting fan experiences. Didn't you want to en—"  Jack was quick to cut Mark off there.
"I get it! I get it! I had a horny phase let us go." Jack hugged as their coffee arrived. It was odd that Mark just knew this. But then again he had also healed a wound on his leg in front of Jack so Jack wasn't sure where the boundaries lay.

After a quick coffee and chat, Mark and Jack were headed back home. They talked a lot more on their walk this time. Jack ranting and raving about his band members and Mark supportively listening. It was without incident they got home and Jack would give a grunt as he sat himself on the pullout couch Mark used as a bed.
"Wanna watch a movie?" Jack asked, scratching at his stomach. His shirt had rode up slightly and Mark found himself staring for a moment before his eyes flickered back up and he blinked.
"Sure!" It wasn't what he meant to say. Mark wanted to instead ask if Jack should get his homework done instead. Though before Mark knew it he and Jack were sitting on the couch with a large bowl of popcorn between them.

Mark couldn't quite remember the movie. Something about aliens invading the earth, and people stopping them with helicopters and guns. Mark was doing his best to focus but he felt that grip of fatigue again. Struggling to keep his eyes open before ultimately falling asleep, body slumping into Jack's side.

Jack looked to his shoulder at the added weight. Cheeks tinting pink before he'd shut the television off. For about five minutes Jack just say there with Mark's head on his shoulders, perhaps he stared just a bit. Though he'd snap out of it and lay Mark down properly, getting the blanket over him haphazardly and leaving.

Jack would return in an hour to properly tuck Mark back in and place a glass of water on the end table near the couch. Silently wishing the dream guardian sweet dreams before going back upstairs.

-_-_-_-
A/N: Hello! This chapter is shorter than usual, but university is annoying and unfortunately the shorter chapters will be a must until summer for a reasonable update schedule. I was thinking this story would be going up bi-weekly (every other week). Let me know if you enjoy and what you guys think is going to happen >.<
Have a fantastic day!
-Addison.D
(Haha, D. Btw would you guys be find with future smut in this? Please let me know!!)