2

"Are you serious?" Christian says laughing.

He's laughing right now?

"Yeah. Shay and I go way back. Dated her when you were in New York. Got tired of her. She was being unsupportive of me moving to New York too." Crawford says.

"I was so supportive, Crawford. You had a dream you were talking about for months and I didn't want to hold you back from it." I say the real truth.

"What dream?" Christian says.

"He said that he wants to  become an architect. New York had the education he needed. So, as hard as it was to do, I let him go." I explain once again.

"What? Hell no. As far as I'm concerned, you had that 3-year girlfriend, Rosie at the time. That's why you came to visit, Crawf." Kira says.

"What?" I say, choking back tears.

"We're still together now." He says proudly.

"Let's rather get you home, Shannon." Christian says taking my hand.

"Bye, Shay. Great seeing you again." Crawford says sarcastically.

"Shut up, Crawf." Christian tells his brother who, unfortunately, had to be my ex.

We get into his car to drive back to my house.

"I'm so sorry." Christian says reaching over and rubbing my thigh.

"Its okay. I just realised that not once did he introduce me to his family but he introduced Rosie. Am I that bad?" I ask him through my tears.

"I don't know you that well and tonight was to get to know you. Well, maybe Mr. Harris is absent or we can talk during lunch." He says smiling.

"Yeah. That'll be nice." I tell him.

We stop outside my house.

"Um, thanks for the uh, short night. It was great meeting your family." I tell him.

"Yeah. I'm sure they like you too." He says.

"Well, bye." I tell him and get outside of the car and walk to my house.

"Wait!" He shouts and runs up to me.

"What are you-?" He interrupts me when he engulfs me in a tight, bear hug. His hair tickles my ear and his hands are tightly wrapped around my waist.

He let's go and smiles.

"That was my goal tonight. To get to the hugging stage." He says nervously.

"Aww. Thank you." I say.

"For what?" He asks.

"For tonight. I might've embarrassed myself in front of your famil but you still dealt with me. Most guys would just get totally mortified and drop me on the spot." I explain, still standing on my porch.

"Sound like you've had worst experience than my brother." He says sincerely.

"I once classified myself as a slut." I say remembering my suicidal state a few months ago.

"Don't ever call yourself that. You seem like an awesome person." He says.

"Thanks. I best get going now." I say.

"Yeah. Bye." He says and walks off to his car as I enter my house.

"Soooooo?" My mother immediately questions.

"His brother is Crawford, Mom." I tell my mother.

My mother is basically the sister I never had and will never get. I tell her everything. Well, almost everything. Its just me and Mom at home so we are very close.