14

We're all getting ready in our dresses at Grace's house.

Luckily the sweaty bodies in the hall will make me wearing a strapless dress not so stupid.

Minutes later, we're standing outside the hall, outside the door labeled , 'A Starry Night' .

We walk through and we're basically goals. Our arms our linked and our blinking white teeth beat the illumination of the bright disco ball. Even guys that came with their dates take a double take.

Even Crawford, while Rosie's arm is around him.

All my friends disappear to their dates and I make use of this opportunity to admire the beautiful decor.

I walk over to the refreshments table and pop a mint in my mouth. It wasn't until then I saw Christian and his new friend.

He started walking up to me.

Gosh. He had to go and wear a beautiful, suave, red suede suit with a grey dress shirt and church shoes. His friend is in a simple black and white suit and tie.

"Hey, Shay." He says ands hugs me which I gladly return.

"Hey, Christian. Who's this?" I say referring to his friend.

"This is Brent." He says and Brent extends his hand for me to shake. He looks insanely cute but not as cute as Christian.

"You look beautiful, Shay." Christian says scanning me.

"Thanks, you and your friend don't look that bad." I smirk.

Thankfully, my girls and I decided to come late so its the perfect atmosphere to wear a strapless dress as the rest of the girls drown in sweat.

"Um, I'm going to head to the bathroom." I say awkwardly and leave them nearby the door but I didn't lie . I went to the bathroom. But when I got there I wish I hadn't.

Crawford and Rosie.

"You know she meant nothing to me." Crawford says.

"But- its just- your acting was really convincing. The way she spoke about you was nauseating." She says and a bullet fires and lightly grazes my heart.

"Baby, I sort of got really into character for Christian. That's all. Poor Christian, he doesn't know all those tears he cried were for nothing." He lightly chuckles.

Okay, so a bullet ricocheted.

"Yeah baby." Rosie sighs.

"At least both of them don't have each other. Christian's going to UCLA, she's going to NYU, and so are we. Besides, not like making her life absolute hell is going to stop in highschool." He jokes and she full on laughs.

And that bullet went straight through my heart and killed me.

And now I'm dead.

The tears immediately start to fall and I rush away from the bathroom.

I rush towards the door labeled 'A Starry Night'.

My makeup is ruined, my dress is getting dirty from the dirt on the dance floor as I head for the door.

Christian is still standing by the door and he stops me. "Hey. What's going on?" He asks lightly grabbing my arm. I just shake my head in embarrassment and head out and I forget that my dress is strapless. Now not only am I upset, I'm freezing cold and my feet hurt from these heels.

I'm wandering like a lost puppy along the street across from the school. My hair looks bizarre from what I can see in my shadow.

I get more scared from the shadow following me. My hearts starts beating insanely fast and I'm struggling to breathe.

Why does this feel familiar?

The shadow's hand grabs me and I almost forget to breathe but I remember when I see Christian. My first instinct is to hug him, to feel safe and secure. He holds my waist tightly and asks, "What is wrong?" He asks into my hair. I let go and answer him.

"Crawford, he.. Rosie.. I-" I try telling him but I erupt in sobs. I feel hurt and shattered that I even saw this coming. He wrecked the human being inside. He wrecked any trust I could ever have for him.

He looks at me studying my face as I uglily cry.

"Hey." He says brushing my hair from my face. I look up at him as he brushes away the tears from my face with his thumb.

"Is it okay if I do this?" He says and gives me single kisses from my cheekbones till my jawline very slowly. My blood warms up to 100°C from his touch and I'm reminded of my dream that I had the day Crawford and I got back together, mentally putting that memory in the trash. I nod with every kiss he gives me.

He takes out a pen and holds out my right arm skimming it to my hand. He holds out my ring finger and draws little ring on it.

"A promise from me to you. This is us, OK? Don't lose it." He says and wraps his arm around my waist.

"Chrissy?" A little voice calls out.

His new niece, Alex, runs up to him and Chris let's go of me and picks the little girl up.

"Who this?" The little girl asks pointing to me.

"Baby, this is my girlfriend, Shay." He answers Alex. I get excited at the mention of him calling me his 'girlfriend'.

He puts the girl down and runs back to wherever she came from.

"If that's alright?" He asks holding my hand and looking deep into my eyes.

I nod and hug him so tightly and kiss his cheek.

I start to cry in his shoulder and not only because it's really expensive to wash suede but because I got to continue my dream but this time in reality.

"Baby? What's wrong?" He says holding my face.

"Dreams really do come true. And not only provides songs." I say, smiling.

"What?" He asks clearly confused.

"When I told you on the day of rehearsal that that song I got was from a dream, it came from the same dream that's becoming a reality." I say wrapping my arms around his shoulders.

"I'm glad I was in your dreams." He says smiling widely.

"I'm glad you're in my reality." I say smiling wider and we kiss in such a way like we haven't seen each other since forever.

Prom ?

Check.

Graduation.

_-_-_-_-_-_

There you are !! Double update.

So like yeah, I'm gonna skip straight to the graduation because I realised I'm a big procrastinator. Which means I can't write a good book.

So next chapter is last chapter.

VCS