17

Shays POV

"Baby!" Christian exclaims when I walk through Cam's apartment.

Last night, actually went well.

Cameron and Christian basically forgot about me and Jules. Yeah, Julie and I became friends while Cam and Chris spoke about boy stuff . So like now they're really close.

"Hiya. Hey Cam." I say to them, each giving them a hug.

"Where's Brent and Julie?" I ask them.

"They're on their way." Cam says calmly.

This group has really become close though I just met Cam yesterday. Cam, Julie, Brent, Chris and I.

"Brent says he's with Grace." Chris informs me.

Grace and Julie went dress shopping for graduation.

Grace got a beautiful pink dress that goes to just above the thigh with a jewel-styled neckline.

Julie actually got the most beautiful dress. It has a white bust and a pink skirt with a flower design over the skirt.

"OK guys is Tuesday. We graduate in 3 days." Julie reminds us.

"We need a special day just for us. You know, a day out. Just the five of us." Cam says.

"How about tomorrow?" I suggest.

We all agree when the door bursts open letting a boy around 13 years old walk through the door.

"Jacob? Care to knock?" Cameron says annoyed.

"When do I ever? Hey Julie. People I have never met." he realises his last sentence and backtracks.

"Who are you?" Jacob says.

"I'm Christian. This is my girl, Shay." Chris says putting his arm around me making me smile.

"Hey. I'm Jacob but call me Jake." Jacob says shaking mine and Christian's hand.

"Bud, where's Aaron?" Cam asks Jacob.

"Out." he simply replies.

"Oh." Cameron says.

"OK say back to the big day. Of us going out. Where?" Julie says interlocking her fingers with Cameron's.

"How about a road trip? Sunrise till sunset." Christian says.

"Great. What a romantic idea for you and Shay and Cameron and Julie ! What about me?" Brent exclaims.

"Bring Grace." we all say.

"Sure." Brent says with a smile.

"Right. Do we have a destination?" I ask.

"Just crash at a motel." Julie says.

"Great." Cameron says smiling down at his girlfriend.

Later on, the door bursts open with a boy around our age.

"Aaron? Really? I seriously gotta teach you and Jake some manners." Cameron mutters to himself.

"Heya." he notices Christian and I and introduces himself.

"I'm Aaron Carpenter. And this is-" he says and looks backwards.

"Bro, come on." Aaron says and the body walks in.

"Coming." the male figure says his hair hanging down. He looks up and Christian's grip on my shoulder tenses.

"Guys, this is Crawford." Aaron says.

Christian and Crawford are shooting daggers at each other and Chris is shaking trying to keep his cool.

"What's up?" Aaron says, oblivious to Chris and Crawford.

"We talking about a road trip. The five of us and some other girl." Julie says.

"Ooh. Count us in." Aaron and Jacob says joining us.

"Nope. There's already six of us. So I only have two extra seats." Cameron says referring to his car.

"Sorry Jake. Little boys aren't allowed." Aaron says patting Jacob's head.

"Fine, fine. I guess Crawford can go in my place." Jacob hangs his head in defeat.

"No, no. He is not coming with. Hell no." Christian says with gritted teeth.

"Why not?" Brent asks.

"He just isn't." Christian says. Crawford hasn't said a word. But when he does, he chooses the stupidest thing to say.

"I'm down." Crawford says.

"Great. So the eight of us are going." Julie exclaims.

"Eight?" Crawford asks.

"Me, Chris, Shay, Cameron, Grace, Julie, you and Aaron." Brent explains.

"Great." Crawford says.

Christian storms outside and I follow him.

"Baby, stop." I try to calm him down in the passage outside Cameron's apartment.

"You didn't even object!" he shouts in my face.

"You know why I didn't?" I ask him.

He just stares at me in response.

"Because I am not going to let him ruin this trip for us. Alright? You love me. I love you. That's what matters. Alright? Trust me on this. We've ignored him these past few days. Why not these next two days? You can't always let your temper get the best of you." I say cautiously.

"You're right, princess. I'm sorry. I promise I'll never let my temper get the best of me again. I love you." he says engulfing me in a passionate hug.

"I love you too." I say to him in his shoulder.

"Come on. Take me home?" I ask him.

"Yeah. Let's just say bye to everyone." Chris says.

We walk back in and greet everyone.

Later, we're standing outside my house.

"Thanks. For understanding. He won't ruin this trip for us." I say placing my hands on either side of his face playing with the hair at the nape of his neck.

"I know. Just ignore him." he says putting his hands on my waist.

He smiled and pulled me in for a kiss.

But his hands wandered. To unnamed places.

"Um, babe." I say pulling back, pushing him away.

"What?" he says a little harshly, his lips lingering above mine.

"Don't do that. Um, we're not there yet." I try to tell him gently.

"Yet? So mean we should still get there? Shay, last time I checked we're graduating-" he starts raising his voice.

"Chris, could we not fight? Especially about this. I know when we are graduating. But I also know we started dating again on only Saturday. So please." I say as nicely as I can.

"Ok." he says. I reach up and kiss him on his cheek and walk inside.

As soon as I walk in my room, Brent calls me.

"Bro?" I ask exasperatingly.

"You sure you're OK with Crawford? Grace says she'll probably ignore him the whole time." he says.

My mood lightens hearing that Grace is going to be there.

"Yeah. I'm sure. As long as my friends are there." I say.

"Great, bye sis. We're meeting at mine at 05:00 to catch the sunrise on our drive." he says and hangs up.

I walk to my closet to pack.

Oh, how I'm looking forward to the next few days.