21

"Grace Assun."

I watch as my best friend fetches her graduation diploma. I'm so proud of her. She has come a long way. We've been friends since freshman year. Through everything, she was the one I'd call first.

Could this really be it? Could I be really leaving Grove High School? This was like my second home. This was the place where I had the best and worst memories. This was the place I had my first kiss, my first dance. This is where it all started.

"Christian Collins."

I'll never forget meeting Christian. I remember every single detail the day I met him. He really changed my life, as cheesy as it sounds. He taught me what fighting for your partner was. He taught me the fiercest love I've ever seen. He showed me his colours. All of them. And for that I'll truly appreciate him.

"Crawford Collins."

I watch him struggle with his gown to the stage. Who could ever forget Crawford? He was my first love. No matter how much of a jackass he was, he he made many attempts to make it up to the group as a whole. He taught me heartbreak. He taught me forgiveness. Just thinking of losing him, breaks my heart but I have to let him out of my life. He's not good for me. He never was.

I watch as every single student makes their way to the stage. I don't even know half of these people due to the drama the last semester. I wish I got to meet these people, even Mark standing in front of me. But. There's nothing I'd trade for the post few weeks with the people I love.

"Eleanor Green."

I never really knew Eleanor that well. I know she helped out with the show. She was very quiet, and very reliable. She was that person you could count on if you didn't know stuff. Besides Ally and Lyla, Eleanor was actually really smart. I just wish I could've gotten to know her.

"Allia Hart."

I felt so bad for her. She's so nervous for this speech and I notice the pride in Tristan's eyes. She's been part of the circle since freshman year. She was brave one of the twins and never let her academic status affect who she is as a person.

"Lyla Hart."

I can still remember the tint in her cheeks when she first saw Brady. It was cute actually. She'd watch him with adoration despite his reputation. Ever since they got together, he changed for the better. That girl could barely hold her crush to herself but now that they're together, her confidence has multiplied by a tenfold.

"Brady Pine."

He was my first guy best friend. We met when we were in PE together. He was the athletic jock that girls (like Lyla) fawned over.
Sure he was a fboy. But that all changed when he met Lyla. He never really showed it but I noticed it ever since Lyla became more confident in herself.

"Alex Simon."

Oh, who could forget the poor guy that Grace always ordered around? Just like Eleanor, he was under wraps, he was the tech guy. He would chirp in little funny jokes that we all acknowledged. He is quite a cool guy. Another person I would've liked to be friends with.

"Mark Tusso."

He's called and there's no more people in front of me as he walks to fetch his diploma. My heart is stammering. My mouth becomes dry. My hands are clammy with sweat. And soon enough I hear my name.

"Shannon Twain."

I carefully move up the steps give a firm handshake to the principal and the founders. I walk to my seat as he hold the paper indicating the end of my highschool career.

"Now, we're going to here from our valedictorian Allia Hart." the principal says and Allia makes her way to the stage.

"Good morning Mr. Valentino, the founders, family, friends and students. Today marks a day where we leave our childhood behind. Where we discover ourselves and make our own decisions. The class of 2016 was an odd class." she laughs as does the audience.

"Our co-presidents of the student council, Grace Assun and Lyla Hart made this year for the seniors an unforgettable one. They introduced Grove High's first end-of-year-show. And it was a huge success. Then came prom."

Oh, who could forget prom?

"This year, we met people."

Christian.

"We lost people."

Crawford.

"We made memories. Ones we wouldn't trade for the world. Senior Year is a milestone for any human being. It's the year you round up your childhood. So many memories made, and ones we'll keep. Some of us might lose touch, some of us don't even know each other but we all know one thing: this is the end." I start tearing up as realisation sinks in.

This is the end. The end of childhood, the end of dreams, the start of reality. Everything will change.

"I want to leave you with a quote. This quote is for you to carry when you don't know where to go anymore. This quote is by Douglas Adams: I may not have gone where I intended to go. But I think have ended up where I need to be. Thank you."

Allia finishes and everyone stands up with tears in their eyes. The principal walks onto the podium with applauding hands.

"Thank you, Allia. Now, is the time. Students, please rise." He says with a proud smile.

All the students stand up, with a smile.

"Move your tassels from right to left." he says excitedly.

We do so. The tears in my eyes just can't take it anymore.

"Congratulations graduation class of 2016!" the principal announces and we all throw our caps into the sky and watch our childhood disappearing right before us. I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist and see that it's Christian.

"Congrats Shay." he says with his show-stoppper smile. I put my arms around his neck.

"You too Christian." I smile back and we hug as if it's our last hug.

"Best friend! We graduated!" Grace screams out of nowhere.

"Best friend! Yeah, we did." I smile in satisfaction and hug her tightly.

Ally, Lyla, Brady and Crawford join us and we all look at each other with smiles. This is our group. This is our family.

"Woah." Ally says.

"Yeah, woah." we all reply in unison.

This is it.

We're done.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

no , it's not the end of the book. I still got loose ends to tie . 😏