Chapter 5

I stretch out in my bed, groaning loudly as I kick the covers off my body. It's too hot. Sighing, I look at the clock. 11am. 

I smile a little knowing I was tired to the bones but I was hungry. My stomach growls loudly as I pull myself up from my bed. Picking up my duvet and I throw it back on the bed. I can make the bed later. 

I walk to the bathroom and use the toilet. I quickly brush my teeth and wash my hands and walk downstairs to the perfect white kitchen. I'm afraid to cook in it. 

I head towards the fridge as I pull up my hair into a ponytail and then open the fridge door. 

"No food," I groan as I look at the empty fridge. Shopping it is. 

I drag my body back upstairs so I can wear a jacket over my shorts and crop top. It's California. No one cares what you wear. 

I open my suitcase and grin at the blue denim  jacket I see on top of my clothes. I pull it out and wear it quickly, pulling my hair out from behind. I pick up my car keys and my card. There was enough money in there for me to not work for four years. 

I run back downstairs and push my feet into my brown heels. Good enough for me. I look hot for someone who just woken up. 

I walk out of the front door and close it behind me and head towards my car. 

Time to shop. 

**

I smile as I pay for all my food, ignoring the way the girl looks at me. Yes, I'm wearing a pair of black shorts with red lips on it and yes, I am wearing a black crop top with a blue jacket on top. Not to forget the heels. 

She hands me my receipt and I put it in my pocket as I pick up my bags and look up as I sense someone staring at me. 

I don't see anyone, so I pick up my bags and walk towards the front door leading out of the shop. 

It's a wolf. Lexi growls in my mind. 

I hurry my steps as I hear someone behind me. I unlock my car and pull open my boot just as someone growls behind me. 

"Wait!" He shouts. I turn around to see it's the man from the plane. He followed me? 

He runs towards me and I place the bags on the floor and look at him. I cross my arms as he stands in front of me. 

"Why the fuck didn't you stop?" He growls as if he's disgusted at me. 

"Why are you angry?" I ask, raising an eyebrow at him. 

"Rogue," he growls again lowly. "Why did you run yesterday?" He asks, his eyes glazing over. He's mindlinking someone. Bringing backup because I'm a strong bitch. 

"I'm not a Rogue," I say to him and he sighs. 

"You're not part of my pack and you're on this territory. You're a rogue. " He states his facts. "You can get killed for this," he stares at me. 

Beta. His scent is strong but he's not an Alpha. 

"Then why aren't you killing me?" I ask, confused. 

Dad would drag a rogue to the cells and question them there. This beta just staring at me, waiting for someone to come. I could run but then I'd leave my car behind and my food and I'm starving. 

"We are supposed to question you first. Alpha's orders," he says and I chuckle.

"Is your Alpha not strong enough to kill someone? Would he see me as a helpless woman and let me go because I gave him the puppy eyes," I pout at the man as he growls lowly, taking a step closer to me.