Chapter 31

I could not sleep and neither could Emily. We were in the kitchen as I cooked her breakfast in the peaceful house. It was too early, five in the morning as Oli walked into the kitchen rubbing his eyes. 

"I thought you left mommy," he whispers as he walks towards me. 

I pick him up and sit him next to Emily on the counter. "I'm never leaving you. I promise," I kiss him on his forehead. 

"Daddy says we should never make promises we can't keep," Oli sighs tiredly. 

"I'm keeping this one," I smile at him and he smiles as he eats the grapes from Emily's bowl as she holds it out to him. 

"Mommy there's someone walking in the garden," Emily tilts her head to the side as she listens and looks out the window. 

I lift her up and out her on the ground, and I do the same with Oli. 

"Go wake up daddy," I tell them and both of them run out of the kitchen as I head outside into the backyard. I walk ahead, deeper into the forest just as I sense someone around me. I fist my hand behind my back just as I see her slowly trying to walk around a tree. 

Chloe. 

I drop the shield around myself and she whips her head to look at me. Her eyes widen for a second before she chuckles as she walks closer to me. 

"I must be a real threat if you came back from the dead," she says and I roll my eyes. 

"I think it's time Darkness claimed your soul,"I smile at her and she laughs, as she runs towards me,but I push my hand out. 

Chloe falls to the ground, choking on air, as I clench my hand tighter. I watch as she squeezes her neck but I drag every breath out of her. 

"I am tired of your stupid games. You will never be able to be with Jaxon." I tell her and her eyes widen

"I know why you're back. Jaxon doesn't want you," I clench my fist harder and I hear the crack as her neck snarls in half and she falls to the ground. Dead. 

I hear someone gasp and clapping their hands behind me. I turn around to look at Emily as she stares at me with wide eyes and a big smile. 

"Daddy! I found mommy!" Emily shouts loudly and Jaxon flashes near her with Oli in his arms. Vampire speed. 

He stares at Chloe on the floor,not breathing and he doesn't say anything as Emily runs towards me. She jumps up into my arms as I pick her up. 

"We don't kill the good people, okay?"I say to her and she nods. 

"We need to buy you some clothes, and get you a room," I say to her excitedly and she grins, nodding at me as she looks at Jaxon. 

"Can daddy and Oli come with us?" She asks and I nod my head as Oli grins at us, nodding his head. 

"We can get some ice cream?" I offer and Oli gasps. 

"Yes mommy!" He nods his head as I put Emily onto the ground and she runs towards Jaxon who places Oli on the ground. They run ahead and Emily laughs with Oli. 

"She's fast. Too fast," Jaxon says as he stares at Emily. 

"She's a vampire," I say as I walk over Chloe's body and towards him. 

"No vampire is that fast. I have had centuries worth of training, and I could not run that fast. She's one year old and she got here faster than I did." He says as if he's in shock. 

I never lived with vampires so Emily did not seem any different to me. 

"Is that bad?" I ask him and he shakes his head.