Chapter 29

"Auntie Rachel!" Oli runs out of the room as he sees her walking up the stairs. 

"Where's Kyle?" I ask as I help her upstairs. 

"He's getting me food but I had to use the washroom." She mumbles, her voice in pain as she smiles at Oli. 

"Look at you all handsome," Rachel gasps at him and Oli blushes a little. 

Come upstairs. I think you might need to take Rachel to the hospital. I mindlink Kyle. 

I am taking her to the hospital. Susan knows we're on our way. I'm getting her bags ready. He replies and I nod to myself as I pull up a chair in the corridor and help her sit down on the chair. 

"Auntie Rachel look at me!" Eliza runs out of her room with Ryan behind her and holding her black boots for her. Eliza looked beautiful in a black gown and her blonde hair was curled. Her blue eyes were shining as Rachel looked at her. 

"You look beautiful, baby!" Rachel says to her Eliza squeaks as she claps her hand. 

"I told you daddy! You did good!" She looks at Ryan who looks proud of himself. 

"Right, well who's going to give a slow hug before I go to the hospital?" Rachel says to them and they gently hug her. 

"We love you, auntie Rachel." They say together as she smiles at them. 

They let go and walk down the stairs as slow and careful as they can. I follow them after giving Rachel the thumbs up. 

"Both of you promise to be on your best behaviour?" I ask them as I help Eliza wear her boots. 

"Promise!" They say excitedly. 

***

Is it a a boy or a girl? I mindlink Kyle as I get home with the kids. 

A girl! Kyle replies back and I say congratulations and we'll be down tomorrow as I close the door and take off my shoes as the kids run away into the living room. 

"Daddy, they have a big TV!" I hear Eliza say to Eric. 

I walk upstairs to my room and I hear Oli follow me quietly. 

"Come here," I say to him as he closes the door behind himself. 

"Daddy, when is mommy coming back?" Oli asks as he walks towards me and wraps his arms around my neck tightly. 

"Mommy is getting you a star, remember?" I say as I wrap my arms around him. 

"I don't want a star anymore," he sighs. 

"Did someone say something to you?" I ask him and he sighs as he pulls away from me. 

"Megan was mean to me today," he says and I frown. "She says my mummy died in an accident and was never ever coming back. Eliza hit her again and then her mommy shouted at Eliza but Eliza shouted back." Oli says and I smile at him. 

Eliza was protective and if she was angry, she did not care if she could not reach the plates, she was breaking them all. Once Oli hit a boy that was Eliza's friend in the werewolf school, and when she found out, she was a screaming mess. She hit Oli, and she saw a plate and she threw it on the ground. That was a few months ago. 

"Well we will not be going to that house again," I say to him and he nods. 

"Daddy, promise me mommy is coming back to me?" He climbs onto my lap as I make myself comfortable on the bed. 

"What have I told you about promises?" I say to him as I lay back on the bed with him beside me. 

"Do not make promises if you can not keep them." He says proudly as he remembers. 

I nod with a small smile on my face. 

I made a lot of promises to Cherry but I never kept them. I failed her, like always. 

I let out a deep sigh. 

The darkness in my mind was a dangerous place to fall in. I had been falling for over two years now and there was no end.

●●●●●

Do not make promises you can not keep.