Chapter 18

It was silly of me to go back and forth but when war was upon your head and you had to be the saviour of the world, you had to make sacrifices. Like getting out of bed early to catch a flight back to New York so you could master your powers enough to destroy an evil Warlock. Even if it meant leaving your sexy naked mate in bed at four am. 

Jaxon wanted to come with me but I knew it would make him worry more when mom and uncle Carter whipped my ass with their powers. I had decided to bring Eric with me instead. He had pleaded with me that he wanted to come. His words were I don't want to see that blonde Barbie eating my Ken's face off. 

Jaxon did not like it that I was going to go alone. Especially after yesterday but I had worked around him. Yesterday I had fallen unconscious on the couch but by the time I had woken up, only a few hours had passed by. I had gotten out of bed in the evening and had a shower and brushed my teeth when Jaxon had walked in. We didn't have sex no matter how much I wanted it. He said he was going to feed me first so I agreed and told him I wanted whipped cream or chocolate. I also wanted it delivered to my room. He had chuckled knowing exactly what I had in mind but he had gone to the kitchen to bring me food. 

Whipped cream and melted chocolate were definitely in the tray full of rice and chicken and meat and vegetables. He said if I finished all of that, then I could play with my food

I had never finished a plate faster. Then I showed him exactly what the whipped cream and melted chocolate could be used for. 

It was safe to say that we were both very very tired in the morning and he did not want me leaving. Jaxon had walked me to the private Jet with Eric behind me and kissed me. The kiss made my toes curl and I didn't want to leave until Eric cough saying it would be very very uncomfortable for people to see him jerking to live porn. 

Jaxon had laughed and slapped my ass mindlinking me to tell me to keep it safe as I had walked into the jet. 

**

I smile as we walk out of the airport, to see Ashton standing there with Jake. 

"Who's that with the glare?" Eric asks me quietly and since he wasn't accepted into the pack yet, he could not mindlink me. 

"My ex mate," I say realising the big difference between Jake and Jaxon. 

Jaxon loved me for me. Jake wanted me for my title. 

I smile as Ashton grins at me and I give him a high five. I smile at Jake too, not wanting to keep any bad blood between us. I can't even believe I had thought he would be the hybrid. 

He looks at me confused but then scents Jaxon all over me. I wink at him as I introduce Eric to them both. 

"Let's go so I can get my ass handed to me on a silver plate,"I say and Ashton chuckles. 

"You have no idea what is waiting for you at home." His eyes glaze over a little as he mindlinks someone before heading towards a car with a smirk on his face. 

I shake my head as Eric and I follow Ashton and Jake to the car and sit inside. 

I ignore Eric talking to them both as I dig deep into the pit inside of me. My power. I close my eyes as I feel the power swirling up and up until I can feel it in my veins, dancing with my blood. 

I made sure to eat a lot. 

The power swirls to the tip of my fingers as I open my eyes and smile. 

I was ready. 

**

The house is quiet as I walk towards it.