Chapter 11

I woke up alone today. 

"Where's Jaxon?" Mom asks as I walk downstairs and I'm about to head out to the front door. 

I turn around, "He left at night. He had to head back," I say and she nods. 

"Mom, there's something I need to tell you," I say. I could never keep anything away from her.

She raises an eyebrow at me.

"Jake was my mate and I rejected him but-" 

"What the fuck?" I hear dad from the living room. 

Well fuck. Today my brain is definitely not working. 

"He was what?" Dad asks, walking towards us. 

I sigh, "He was my mate but I rejected him because he liked someone else," I say shrugging my shoulders and dad frowns. 

"You rejected him because of that?" 

"A few things were said that doesn't need to be mentioned again-" dad growls and I shake my head, "Dad I'm over it. I'm with Jaxon now," I explain and he nods. 

"And I still need to give Jake a good talk and give him a matching set of black eyes," Dad nods, turning to walk out the door when I lift my hand and build an invisible shield around him. 

Dad hits his head on it,"Skylaaar," he groans, "look what my own kids are doing to me," he pouts turning to look at mom who chuckles. 

"You told her not to be shy and to use her powers," Mom shrugs her shoulders as dad sighs 

"There's a lot I need to tell you both," I say to them and dad nods his head. 

"My office?" He offers and I nod. 

It's soundproof. No one will hear anything. 

We walk inside and I stay standing up as my parents sit on the couch. 

I start with the story of how Jake rejected me because he loved Layla. I didn't tell them he didn't want me because I wasn't Alpha Damien's blooded daughter. 

Dad frowns but listens quietly as I explain about my situation. I tell them about the book and how it claims I need to be powerful enough to kill a Warlock-or whatever evil is coming- and how I'm going to get a new power. 

"This is ridiculous. I don't accept the fact that you'll die to save the supernatural race,"Dad stands up, "fuck that," he starts pacing around and trying to think of a way to overcome it. 

"I think we can get rid of this evil if we work together. Me, you and Carter. We can do it," Mom says nodding to herself, thinking of a plan. 

"There's a hybrid out there that could help us? Whoever it is is immortal. That could help," I offer. 

Why am I believing what someone wrote in a diary? What if I'm not the saviour of the supernatural? But finding the hybrid could help. 

Dad sighs, "finding a hybrid is like trying to find a needle in a haystack," Dad mutters. 

"So we need good eyesight," I say and he chuckles. 

"Hyrbids have always stayed away from us, that is even if it's alive? How old is the book? We don't know when it's been written,"Dad says and I nod. 

"What if the hybrid is taking only one form? What if he's a vampire or just a wolf? We don't know that," Mom suggests and dad hums. 

"What if I called a meeting tomorrow?  Just to let everyone know what's happening? We call the Alpha's and the Sires. A hybrid's presence is so powerful it won't stop itself from leading a pack or a clan. I could get everyone here tomorrow for a monthly update," Dad says forming a plan in his mind. 

"Would they come?" I ask, "would you tell them? What if it's not true?" I shrug my shoulders. 

What if none of this is true? 

Dad looks at me, "I'm not going to risk your life on a what if, okay? As an alpha I need to protect my pack and that's by starting to tell everyone that there's some asshole out there who wants to end us," Dad says shrugging his shoulders and walking towards me, "And as a father, I need to ask them to help us if the time ever came," He leans down and kisses my forehead, "now go ahead and do whatever you're planning to do. I'll send out a notice but I'm going to have a chat with your mom first," he says and I nod, smiling at him as I head towards the door. 

I open it just as Jake lifts his hand up to knock on it. He has a bunch of papers in his hand. 

I smile at him. 

His presence doesn't bother me anymore. I told dad, I don't want him to lose his position as the next beta. He's been trying and working for this for years. He's got the qualities of becoming a beta and I shouldn't take that away from him. 

"Oh," he mutters and I step aside. 

"Jake, what a pleasant surprise," Dad stares him down. 

"You asked me to bring the second pack house bills, Alpha..." he says warily as he looks at me and then dad. 

"Just leave them and get out of my face," Dad turns his back on him and looks at mom. 

Jake frowns and places the papers on the closest table and walks out of the office. 

Dad grins at me and I roll my eyes, a smile on my face as he gives mom a high five. 

I walk out of the office and close the door behind me and I head towards the stairs when I get slammed onto the wall. 

Jake glares at me, his hand wrapped around my throat tightly. 

I can't concentrate on my powers to push him away. I try to claw at his hands but he moves his face closer to me. I freeze. My mind falls into a pit of darkness as I try not to scream. 

"You're making the wrong moves, Bethany," he mutters disgustedly as he looks me up and down, "I am going to get you back. Don't fuck with me," he growls lowly before pushing me to the side and walking out of the house leaving me stunned. 

I run upstairs to my room and close the door behind me, making sure I lock it. 

Leaning against the door, I let out a deep breath and the air around me circles in front of me. 

They still work. 

When I touched Jake, I saw a part of him I never saw. It was different. It felt like I had gone to war and there was blood everywhere. Was that the past or the future? Was it just my imagination? 

It felt different. Something I've never felt before. Was Jake the hybrid? No one ever knew his parents. He was brought up here in the second pack house. 

Who was he really?

●●●●●

The suspense is killing me....not.