Chapter 17

Bethany's pov. 

I feel a pair of eyes glued to my face so I open my eyes after exactly 5 minutes. I counted exactly 300 seconds before I looked up at him. 

Him. Who is he? I frown as he smirks at me and he runs a hand through his dark brown hair. 

"Oh we would definitely get a lot of fucking cash for you," he chuckles to himself. 

Where are we? Lexi groans in my mind. 

"Who are you?" I ask the guy. 

"Brad. I need some cash and the best way to get it is by selling a lovely darling like you," he says and I smile up at him. 

I'm in a cell and handcuffed to a pair of hooks in the wall. It's dark but I can see his ugly face and rotting teeth. 

"My dad will find me," I say and pretend to stare at my invisible watch. "It's only a matter of time," I say and then look up at him staring at me with confusion clear in his eyes. 

"Don't you have fate in your mate?" He asks with a raised eyebrow. 

This guy likes to talk. 

"Oh I definitely do. I know when he gets his hands on you, you'll be dead. But my dad," I say chuckling, "should be on his way soon," I say and he frowns but walks out of the cell banging another door on his way out. 

My dad is a genius. He had injected all us, all of his children, with a small tracking device in our arms. He told us if we were unlucky, we would be like our mom. With a big sign glued to our whole body that said 'come and kidnap me.' 

He said he was not going to take any chances so he had put a tracking device in all of us. It sucked when we wanted to go out partying or clubbing. He knew where we were all the time. All he had to do was pull up the feed on his phone and our red dots would show him. He had found Lucy like that. 

Lucy had decided to run away once when her boyfriend dumped her. She had seen him kissing the cheek of another girl and confronted him like the boss she was at the age of six. The guy had said he did not love her and he had found a new girlfriend. Boys. Lucy had ran away and she had fallen in the river. Dad was the one who had found her, unconscious in the water and he had jumped in and pulled her out. He had saved her and taken her home and had asked what happened. She had told him about the boy and he had sighed and told her boys were useless and she was definitely too young to think about them. So she had stopped because she knew she had scared her family. We were all worried and always making sure she was safe and away from water. She could have drowned and no one would have known if it wasn't for the chip in our arms. So we never complained about them after that. 

I stare at my right arm and it has no cuts on it. Good. It was still there. 

"Where am I?" I frown in the darkness as I try to pull on the handcuffs. 

Lexi? You got enough power? I mindlink her and she nods her head slowly. 

I think of the air forming a key in front of me. The perfect size for the handcuffs. They fall off as the key unlocks it and I massage my wrists. That hurt. 

"Well fuck me and call me daddy," a guy's voice says in the cell opposite me. 

I stare at the darkness and then he appears, moving a little forward. His red hair shines in the darkness. 

Red hair. I stare at his face. 

But he is a guy. Is Kyle a closet gay? Is he going to marry this guy? I frown. His hair is too short.