Chapter One

Hi! This is future author here! I want to make a few things clear before we begin.

First, is that I first started writing this story nearly ten years ago. Okay? I came home after school and wrote my little heart out. There are outdated ideas and themes, and I hope you can understand that this is, in some ways, a relic of the 2015/16/17 era.

Second, is that several TWs aren't specified. I'm sorry. What I can confidently warn you about is themes of SA, self-harm, kidnapping, and assault (ie, there is a sentence and many comments that have to do with self-harm in just this chapter alone). Please read at your own risk and seek help if you have thoughts of suicide or self-harm. You are loved and wanted on this planet, I promise.

Finally, I have absolutely no desire to completely rewrite this story. I hope you can enjoy it in all of its cringe and cliche, and I hope it can also bring the readers who have been around since those days nostalgia. A reminder of an escape from whatever you were going through at the time. 

That's all. I hope you enjoy the show!

- Kat

~~~

You paced around the dorms, biting your nails. Why did you think keeping your bionic abilities a secret was a good idea? You could lie and say that you discovered them, but considering the fact that you missed two lessons a week from having to attend each type, it was pretty obvious.

Your day was normal at the beginning.

~Earlier that same day~

Today was the day that you attended Chase's lessons. You were a orange, which you thought was good.

You clenched and unclenched your hands in nervousness, as you knew that you were probably missing some important stuff with Bree, Adam, and Mister Davenport.

"Okay," Chase said. "now, who can recall what we did last time for (Y/n)?" Chase looked at you.

~ ~ ~

"Miss (Y/n), I'd like to speak with you," Chase said once the bell rang. You walked up to Chase as the others went to lunch.

"Yes?" You ask.

"I know I'll never get a straight answer from you, but why weren't you here for the past two days? You've missed a lot of class," Chase said, disappointment in his eyes. "Is there something wrong? I'm scared for you. Let me see your wrists." You've taken it from Chase that he was a bit concerned and you knew Adam and Bree are too.

You showed Chase your bare wrists, nothing tainting the skin.

"(Y/n)," Chase said. "Please, try to come to class more, okay?" You nodded and Chase dropped your wrists.

You went to lunch and got some food. You weren't the most popular student at the academy, but you were on decent terms with Spin and Bob.

"Hey, guys," you say, sitting at a table with Bob and Spin.

"What's up? I didn't see you with Adam today," Bob said.

"I was getting extra help from Chase with my knowledge," you said. It wasn't a total lie, but you were still lying. You went to lessons with Adam tomorrow, then Bree the day after that.

"And you're interrupting his class for that?" Spin asked, playing along. Spin was the only one who knew your secret. He suspected it, then saw you lift up a ninety-pound bag of flour when you were in Bree's class as far as Spin knew up to that point.

"No, Chase let me in his class. Just for a day," You say. If you were honest, you sometimes envied your friends and the fact that they didn't have to worry about being caught for having all three main bionics plus your healing and mind ones that they all knew about.