Chapter Eight

You woke up the next morning cuddled up next to Chase. You smiled as you curled yourself closer into the warm embrace, as the arm around you tightened the embrace. You heard a door open, but thought you imagined it.

"OH GOD, DID THEY HA-" Bob's voice was cut off by Adam's.

"Hush! They'll wake up." Adam's voice stopped for a moment before continuing, "Plus, I think that they're both clothed."

"Fully?" Bob asked.

There was a pause. "Maybe..."

"HOLY CRAP!" Bob exclaimed. You felt Chase tense in annoyance, and mutter something under his breath.

"Boys," Chase muttered.

"You're one, too though." You giggled.

Chase stifled a laugh as he buried his emotionally hot face in your neck. "Blushie Chase is cute, though!" You said in response to Chase burying his face in your neck. You could tell that it was a blush, as you felt the heat radiating off of it. It wasn't a fever, as it wasn't that hot. There was also the plus fact that the heat faded.

"I'm not cute," he mumbled against your neck.

"Isn't that my line?" You giggled. You heard Chase groan.

"Either end of the relationship can say that!" he whisper-shouts at you. You giggled again.

"C'mon, let's go get some breakfast," you said, attempting to escape from Chase's strong arms.

"Noooooooo." Chase wrapped his arms tighter around you. "Let's stay like this for just a little while longer."

You groaned, but curled up into his embrace. "You're sometimes such a big baby, you know that right?"

"Am not," Chase denied, once more attempting to hide his face. You kissed the top of his brown-haired head.

"I love you," you said against the top of his head.

"I love you, too," Chase kissed the neck in front of his face, and you let out a light squeak. "Oh my God, that was the most adorable noise you've ever made!" Chase fangirled, flailing slightly. You used your super strength and pushed him off the bed, causing a load thump to echo throughout the room. 

"Ow!" Chase exclaimed, standing up. You got out of bed and put the blanket back on the white-sheeted mattress.

"GET OUT YOU IDIOTS!" You yelled at the two people in the doorway. Chase had just slept without his shirt, and you slept with only some sweatpants and Chase's shirt.

"WAHH, WE'RE SORRY, (Y/N)!" Bob runs out of the room, Adam following closely behind.

"And they listen to you!" Chase sarcastically said, standing up. You gave him a grin as you left the room, leaving Chase to do whatever he needed to.

You met up with everyone downstairs (who were still in their own pajamas) and ate the French breakfast food.

"So, how'd everyone sleep?" Mr. Davenport asked, the silence being too much for any of them to handle. Everyone erupted into talking about how they slept. Soon Chase came down (sadly for you, he was in a shirt) and joined in the conversation.

As everyone talked, you and Chase had your own little conversation about politics. Between both of the terrible 2016 presidential candidates, Chase made the smart choice in terms of how bets work; not necessarily what he would vote for, but who he thought would win, while you voted for the other popularized option. You owed the other 100 dollars if the other lost.

The debate on just how corrupt the two-party system was was a conversation for another day.

"You are so totally on, (Y/n)," Chase grinned, fist bumping you.

You finished eating, and got dressed. You walked through Paris, and to the hydraloop station. Then you were back off to the Academy.

All you could do was hope that it wasn't in flames.

~*~

My mother and I made that same bet, and if you read the unedited version, you should know that she isn't actually holding me to the bet.

I've got nothing else to say. After this chapter, keep politics out of my comment section.

Stay awesome, Kittens

~Kat