Chapter Three.

That day was Saturday - your favorite day. No classes, but, considering all your friends had major age gaps compared to you, you sometimes just talked to Chase when you could, but he was with Adam and Bree 95% of the time. You decided to do a few laps jogging around the premises. Not necessarily running, just jogging.

"(Y/n)!" Chase said, jogging at the same pace as you. "I didn't know that you liked jogging."

"Why wouldn't I?" you asked, stopping. You were barely panting.

"You hang out with Bob," Chase said, stopping as well.

"And? Just because he doesn't like jogging doesn't mean I have to hate it too," you reply, crossing your arms.

"Jeez, what's with the mood swings?" Chase asked as the cloudy overcast made rain. The clouds were dark, and it was raining so hard, you could barely see in front of you. Scared that someone was going to try and kill you, you grabbed Chase's arm, feeling his muscles tense underneath. 

"Calm down, it's only me," you say.

"Why do you have my wrist?" Chase asked.

"I'm not allowed to be afraid of Godzilla coming out of the mist and killing us?" you asked.

"Point taken." You made your way back to the building, the rain dragging your hand down to grab Chase's, but neither of you minded.

"Do you remember where the door is?" you asked, the rain fogging up your building scanner.

"I'm kind of more worried about the rain making a flood than a door," Chase replied rather than answering. You felt the wall of the building as you walked down, stopping here and there until you finally found the doorknob. You turned it.

"Oh, life sucks!" you groaned when you feel it locked.

"No, it doesn't," Chase said, actually confused. "And all it is is a door. Wh-"

"It was an idiom. Y'know, a sentence that isn't meant to be taken literally," you say. You were both silent until Chase pulled you into a hug.

"I'm sorry for not understanding why you missed so many classes and why you didn't have many friends. It must be hard when you're bouncing from class to class daily and nobody knows why," Chase said. You got onto your tippy-toes to rest your chin on his wet shoulder.

"It's okay. And you probably wouldn't understand if you weren't in my shoes," you reply. 

Eventually, you were both leaning on the door whilst sitting on the muddy ground. Suddenly, the door opened, making you both fall at Adam's feet.

"There you two are!" Adam said, pulling you both inside. "Mr. Davenport's been looking everywhere!" You were both freezing cold and soaking wet, so the first thing that either of you were thinking of was blankets.

"Y-yeah, but w-we're really cold, so blankets first," Chase said, shivering. You were shaking with coldness. You were always a bit more temperature sensitive than others, so you got hotter more easily, and colder more easily. Adam left and came back with a couple blankets. You wrapped yours around yourself but noticed that Chase was struggling to cocoon himself in the blanket. Breaking the cocoon you were in, you freed your arms and fixed the blanket so that Chase was in a cocoon of red blanket. You re-cocooned yourself.

"Have fun with whatever Mr. Davenport wants you to do," you tell Chase, going in another direction.

"Why don't you come help?" Chase asked. "Y'know for field work, if it's a mission."

"Sounds... fun," you reply, following Chase down to the training center.

"Adam, Bree, Chase, Leo, and (Y/n), you will be finding and rescuing some fishermen stuck in the storm. Chase, you will locate the coordinates and speed with someone. Adam, you'll go with Bree and Leo with another lifeboat and save any survivors. We don't have much time. Move!" Bree speeded with Adam and Leo on her back after Chase sent her the coordinates.

"Hop on!" You say to Chase. He climbs on your back. "Y'know, for a teenager, you are really light." You say before running to the sight.

~~~

Each boater was safe and on land, so you took the hydraloop. Not wanting to feel cramped, you sat in the conjoined one next to it, and Chase followed you.

"Thank you for helping," he said.

"It was nothing," you respond.

"No, it was something. (Y/n), that takes a lot of guts to do. I thank you for helping." Chase wrapped one arm around you. You leaned into his touch, and as you pressed one ear against his chest, the hydration stopped. You two backed away from each other like it never happened, but deep down, deep, deep down, you both just wanted to stay like that.

~~~

"Tell me EVERYTHING," Spin told you at dinner. You explained about being stuck outside in the pouring rain (which was still coming down) with Chase, the hug, the mission, and the hydra loop.

"Isn't it illegal for a teacher and a student to be together?" Bob asked.

"What about Bree and Seb-- I mean you-know-who?" Spin said. "I mean, those two were constantly flirting."

"Ah, Spin makes another point," Bob said.

"I know that, but I think that counts for the people that aren't stuck on an island," you said. You finished your dinner and decided to go out in the sprinkling rain. You were happy that it wasn't pouring.

"So we meet again," Chase said, sitting next to you. "Jeez, what is with you and rain?" Chase asked. You shrugged and placed your head on his shoulder. He placed his head atop yours.

"What do you think you'd be doing if you were never bionic?" you asked Chase.

"Probably living in a house in the suburbs with Adam, Bree, and Douglas. What about you?"

"Chase, can I tell you another secret?" you ask him. He nods. "I was able to block the triton app. I've known who he was and what happened to him. Even before Sebastian's confrontation." You look and your lap.

"Are... are you serious? Because if you are lying, I swear that--" You cut him off.

"You, Adam, and Bree did a 'special attack' by making your chips form a perfect triangle that took out Krane. I wouldn't have remembered that had I been on the app. Do you believe me?" You braced for the scolding, knowing it was coming.

"You know, with every secret you've been keeping, I don't know how to trust you," Chase said.

"I didn't want to seem like I was better than anyone else, okay? That's the actual reason. I'd rather only have Spin and Bob than not have any," you reply. You bitterly chuckled. "Y'know, when you found out, I thought you would have understood about not wanting to seem better than anyone else, but no. You think, no, know-" Chase cut you off with a mutter.

"I know I'm going to regret this later in life."

~~~

Word Count: 1173

I know that this is late, but, hey, only a week and two days.

Different sources give different answers for what the proper name for the hydraloop is, so I'm going to keep it as it is.

Bye!

~Kat