Chapter Twenty

You, Layla, Sebastian, and Layla's parents stood outside the airport.

"Are you sure you want to super speed back to Mission Creek?" Layla asked, looking at you. You nodded, your hair moving with your head.

"It's the only thing that'll keep me from having to return to the Academy." You looked at Layla and her parents, avoiding catching Sebastian's eyes.

Layla nodded and wrapped her arms around you, surprising you with the strength of her hug. You hugged her back, relaxing.

"See you on the other side?" asked Layla, her hands on your shoulders and looking at your eyes.

"See you there."

And with those words, you saluted to the family and friend before running.

And that was when you realized how much you missed the feeling of using your bionics. The wind in your hair, nature's fingers combing your strands away from your face. There was so much wind resistance that you were sure you'd cause a sonic boom from how fast you were going.

It was around the middle of the Pacific Ocean, that you suddenly stopped.

~~~

Chase stood, watching the waves crash on the shore. He and the students had nearly died that day from the virus that Krane had implanted in the Triton App.

That was when something in the ocean caught his eye.

A form of someone... swimming. No, not swimming. Running.

Someone with bionics. It had to have been unless Harry Styles was casually going for a run in the middle of the Pacific.

Only one person from the academy could do that.

Chase stood up, his heart pounding quickly in his chest. He calculated where you'd be when you would pass.

He swam out to where it would end up. Your form came closer and rammed into Chase so hard that Chase was sure that he broke his nose.

You were both submerged in the cold Pacific water, which wasn't a problem for you since you could breathe underwater. However, that posed a problem since Chase was the culprit of your halting.

You brought the man latching on to you as though you were his teddy bear back to land.

"Chase?" you asked them. He separated from you just enough for his green-hazel eyes to look into your own.

"Is it you?" he asked, his hands moving from your sides to your arms, then your shoulders, then finally your face, cupping your cheeks.

You felt sick to your stomach while at the same time, your heart lept in your chest when you saw his eyes.

Sick, because you knew you were sent back to Hell, but happy because you were looking at the person you loved and missed dearly the entire time you were away.

"Chase!" you shouted, wrapping your arms around him and tugging him to you. He wrapped his arms back around you and held you to his chest.

You could feel his warm breath on your neck as you felt your heart breaking and reforming all at once: a feeling of happiness and relief. His scruff of facial hair brushed your nape and your legs hit each other as you couldn't figure out whether to pull him closer or push him away.

"Oh my, God, (Y/n)," he whispered, disconnecting from you just enough to look at your face. "Where have you been?"

You leaned into his hand, enjoying the sensation of his skin on yours; a feeling you lost for weeks.

"Away," you answered. "Hawaii."

"C'mon, we need to get you in a capsule before you start trying to laser my head off." He separated from you enough to stand, offering a hand.

You bit your lip. "Damn you, Chase Davenport," you mumbled, unable to look at him. No matter how much you were trying to avoid the island, you couldn't leave Chase. Not after you had met him again.

You stood up without his help, and Chase encased you in his arms.

"We were worried sick about you," he murmured into your ear.

"Who's "we?" you asked, hugging him back.

"Me, Adam, Bree, Spin, Bob, Douglas, Mr. Davenport... you get the idea, don't you?"

You nodded into his shoulder. He let you go again and held your hand, his warm hand encasing yours as you entered the academy.

Almost immediately, you felt another pair of arms around you. This person was shorter than you and lanky. Spin.

Feeling significantly like a mother holding her child, you wrapped your arms around Spin's head.

"You're back!" he shouted happily, boyish voice filling your ears.

"That I am," you answered him, a small gracing your cheeks. Spin let you go and did a happy twirl (you guessed it was a glitching bionic from too much happiness) before Bob hugged you.

You hugged practically every person in the bionic academy before Chase could get you to the mentor's sleeping area.

Bree was reading a book and Adam was blowing an air horn.

You walked up behind Bree and as Adam pressed the button on the air horn, you jerked your hands forward and connected the tips of your fingers with her shoulders.

Bree jumped up in surprise both happiness and annoyance. "(Y/n), you butt hole!" she shouted, hitting your arm before realizing what she said. "(Y/n)!" She wrapped her arms around you and you patted her back twice before looking at each other.

"(Y/n)?" asked the shocked voice of Adam Davenport. You turned around, letting go of Bree before you did so.

"Hello, Adam," you greeted him with a short wave. He took two steps forward before encasing you in his strong arms. 

Adam almost fell to his knees when he saw you. You were the first person to not bluntly state that he was dumb to his face at least two, maybe three weeks into knowing him. The first.

Adam's arms held you tight in his embrace like he didn't want to let you go. It crossed his mind that he might have been one of the people who lost hope of your return.

"You're back," he whispered, tightening his arms slightly.

"And-- you're go-- going to-- suffocate-- me," you stuttered through choked breaths. As though you were on fire, he let you go and you gulped jagged breaths.

"I am so sorry!" Adam apologized, moving back until he landed in the pool. You turned back around to where Chase was. His freshly shaven jaw was hard as he watched you catch your breath.

A yelp of pain sounded behind you, and you whipped back to the pool, where Adam was getting out.

"I think something bit me in the back," he said, standing on his feet.

However, as soon as he reached a chair by the pool, he collapsed into the white plastic seat, unconscious, with a swelling... thing on his back.

He was bitten.

~~~

WHAT'S THIS?

ANOTHER UPDATE WITHIN A MONTH OF A PREVIOUS ONE?!?!?!?!?!

Okay, hello my kittens! How are you today? I'm doing pretty okay.

ALRIGHT, IMPORTANT EVENTS HAPPENING IN THE NEXT MONTH:

My parents' wedding annivarsery is on the 8th. Much love to my parents!

Also on the eighth is Shawn Mendes's nineteenth birthday. Whoa, whoa, whoa dude, you're growing up too quickly! xD

On the thirteenth is my big sister's 19th birthday! Send some love her way @Court_ney I love her so much! Couldn't ask for a better sister.

On the 24th, I start school. I'm not excited xD.

I think that's all. Thanks. Love you guys! Happy August!

~Kat