Chapter Three: The Movies

I had chosen the most perfect outfit. I had on a blue tank top, that I had borrowed from Katelyn. Some white-washed skiny jeans, an Invader Zim seatbelt belt. I also had a black sweater with blue lining. My hair was the hard part. I begged Katelyn to flat iron it for me. Which she did. My curly brown mess of hair was not a straight brown mess of hair. It wasn't the best outfit, but I didn't want to seem like I was trying too hard. As soon as i slipped on my boots my phone rang. It was from a number that I didn't know. I had thought it was Kevon. So I answered it.

Are you ready?

I said yes, as I saved his number.

Cool.

Then, I realized that it wasn't Kevon, it was Josh. I went mute for a good seven seconds. Then I asked him how he got my number.

I got it from Kevon. Don't be so dumb, and hey, you should meet us at my house in a few minutes.

I told him not to rush me. Plus, me and Katelyn were on our way out the door anyway. Then, I hung up. I told Katelyn that they were ready to and we started to walk towards their house. Josh texted me. It said "That was rude how you just hung up on me." I didn't bother to respond. Why talk to people that you don't like? We were almost to his house, so I was getting nervous. Did I like Kevon so much that I was willing to go to the movies with a guy who hurt me? It was visible that I was having second thoughts, so Katelyn stop about a house away from Josh's and said:

You know, you don't have to do this. I'll even try to keep Josh away from you if you want. THis is kind of like a double date, so he shouldn't be near you anyway.

I sighed as I thought about it. Katelyn was right, I had nothing to worrie about, or so I thought. When we looked up I saw Josh and Kevon walking towards us. Soon they were in front of us. I looked at Kevon and smiled, then I looked at Josh. My smile vanished completely. Josh smirked at me. Then, he looked at Katelyn.

So this must be Katelyn. Hi I'm Josh.

Katelyn smiled, and then looked at me. She mouthed some words. All I could make out were the words "you", "tell","was", and "cute". So i assumed her reaction was "you didn't tell me Josh was cute". I gave her the are-you-serious face. I cant believe that she thought I would date someone that was ugly.

Well I guess we should get going.

Josh agreed. So Kevon pulled his car keys out. He had a car! I was shocked, and yet I was little excited. Me and Katelyn walked over to the car squeling with glee. Then we had a choice to make. Was I going to sit in the front with Kevon. Katelyn couldnt believe i was debating on siting in the back with Josh, and pushed me to the front.

Do you like my car?

Kevon asked me with a grin. I smiled and nodded.

You don't talk much Remi, let loose. Josh and Katelyn sound like they're having fun.

I listened, and he was right, I heard giggling. I didn't know why  they were giggling, and I sure as hell wasn't going to turn around.

Remi, I like your hair.

I thanked him. We we're almost at the movie theatre. I glanced back to see what Katelyn and Josh were doing. I couldnt believe my eyes.

Katelyn stopped what she was doing and looked at me. I gave her another are-you-serious face.

What, Remi? It's just double dream hands.

Josh said in what may have been the most annoying voice ever.

Yeah, haha double dream hands for the win.

Katelyn agreed in a nerdy voice. I turned back around and looked at Kevon. Even though I regretted turning around I couldnt help but to burst double over in laughter. Ha, double dream hands. I smiled. Kevon looked at me intensly with a smile on his face.