Chapter 14

Meg's POV

All this chaos was what Diana wanted to stop and now look at her. Laying before me on a make shift bed of furs with a wound that could possibly end her life. Grabbing her hand I can't help but cry as the doctor tries his best to stitch her up. Things looked grave and no only did I not want to hear or know but neither did Achilles. Whenever he was with her I could tell her regretted every letting his eyes close with her beside him. Di was still unconscious and this was going on the second day. Tears wouldn't stop flowing from my eyes as I saw her skin become paler and paler.

"Oh Di, come on you can't let this kill ya. Remember we take care of one another." I beg her as I tighten my grip on her.

Achilles reluctantly left the tent. Only one thing was on his mind now. Revenge. Even if Diana did survive he would want Hector to pay for what he did to her. After a few hours he returned and put on his own armor. Looking down at Diana I could see his will and hunger for Hector's death grow.

"It won't help to go ahead and do the one thing Diana was against." I say but don't dare look at him.

"Look where that got her? Saving others and always putting herself last. All that got her was a sword through her shoulder. I'll have his head Meg. I promise you that." Achilles tells me as chills go down my back.

Right as the tent flap closed I felt Diana's grip on me tighten.

"Di?" I question as I look down at her.

Paris' POV

Anger and rage went through my body what was worse was that is was my own brothers fault for the reason I am feeling now. Looking at Hector now I was doing all that I could to restrain myself. What made him want to hurt her?! She never did anything wrong to him and this is how he repays her?

"What in the name of the gods made you hurt her!" I yell at my brother demanding a answer.

"I was after Achilles, she got in the way saying she wouldn't let a friend's child become fatherless. I had no idea she would do such a thing for if I had then I would have never hurt her." Hector tells me as he looks me right in the eyes.

"Why should I believe that? This is the same woman you yourself accused of being a spy. You mean to tell me only now do you realize your error in hurting her?" I question him as he looks at me as if I betrayed him.

Shaking his head Hector pushes past me as if he can not bare to stand the sight of me. Knowing Diana I had to make sure she was safe or at least a live for that fact. Meg...Diana's sister. She would know more than anyone. If only there was a way to find her at that hell of a camp. Deciding to take a risk I quickly dress in servants clothes and take a secret passage out of the palace.

Once at the beach I do see a woman standing on the sand as the waves bring the water to her feet. Praying to the gods that whoever that is knows Meg of is in fact Meg I walk forward. She doesn't even turn my way but continues to look out to the horizon.

"Meg?" I ask the woman and she finally looks over at me.

"Paris? What in the world are you doing here?" she questions me but doesn't move from her spot.

"I beg of you, please tell me Diana's condition." I tell her as I am about to get on my knees just to beg for information.

Meg sighs as she looks back out to the sea. That's never a good sign and I felt a twinge of pain in my heart.

"She lives...for now. No guarantees or anything like that though. Why do you care?" Meg says as she turns back to me and looks at me with a raised eye brow.

"Hector told me what happened. I had to know for myself if she was alive. My brother is almost convinced she is dead-" I start.

"Then let him believe that, perhaps that will make him stop killing others." Meg says as she turns and walks back to the camp.

Well I did get my answer but a part of me still wanted to see Diana myself. Sneaking into this place was not as easy as it looked. Still I knew I had to be careful and be aware of my surroundings. Once I got to the tent I was almost sure was Achilles I snuck inside and was able to see Diana in the center of the tent. She was motionless which scared the heck out of me. Crawling to her side I took her hand and must of scared her because her eyes opened wide.

"Diana...you're alive?" I question as she blinks twice to make sure she isn't dreaming.

"You...have...to...leave..." she tells me and I can see the tears in her eyes. "He'll...kill...you...please...go."

I heard a commotion outside and quickly took my leave. Not sure what else to do I decided to go back to the palace. Only to be caught by my brother. Hector glared at me but also had a look of concern in his eyes.

"Does she live?" Hector asks me.

This was a chance to lie and make him feel horrible which was something I honestly wanted to do and I did.

"She is dead, you are the one who will carry her death with you for the rest of your life." I say and then walk right past him.