Chapter 24

Achilles held onto my hand tight as we continued to run through the passage. Really I didn't know if the darn hall was ever going to end and if it did would we be safe or lead right into harms path? Still trying to keep my head calm I looked back and my eyes widened on their own just at the amount of shadows coming from behind us. These men could easily kill me or Achilles, he of course would put up one hell of a fight though first.

"Damn." Achilles says as we come to another wall proving there was no way out. "Leave it to the Trojans not to have an exit."

"So what? We're just going to wait here and die?" I question him in a panicked tone.

"Well obviously you can come back from the dead, not too sure about me." Achilles sighed.

Looking at the wall I could see writing and pictures upon it. Something that did remind me of Hieroglyphics that the Ancient Egyptians used and I remembered how good they were at hiding trap doors. Lightly shoving Achilles aside I began to push on any part of the wall that I could thinking that there must be a trigger or even perhaps a handle that I could activate and get us out.

"What in the name of the gods are you doing?" Achilles questioned me.

"I am looking for a way out, you may be willing to just give up and die but I am not-" I barely finish my statement when I push forward and a small square in the wall falls forward.

"Do I want to know what that was?"

Before I could even give him an answer the floor below our feet fell. Our bodies began to drop to the unknown beneath us. Thinking back maybe this wasn't a good idea after all. If this was a trap then there was no telling what was below us or what we would land on for that fact. Then I felt my body become submerged in a cool substance that was deep and dark. Swimming what I thought was up I finally breached the surface and sucked in a mouthful of air. A few moments later Achilles joined me as we tried to look where we were.

"You just lead us to a pool of water, now what?" Achilles says as he starts to slam his hand against the wall.

"I'm thinking alright, since when are you so needy?" I reply smartly as I go over to the wall.

Unlike before when I could make out some pictures I could barely see my hand in front of my face. So even if there were pictures on the wall there was no way that I would be able to see them. Trying to remain calm and rational my mind reminded me there had to be a tunnel or something or else there was no way for the water to even be here.

"There has to be a tunnel or something." I tell Achilles as I take a deep breath and dive under the water.

Holding my hand against the wall I feel around to see if there are any opening since once again I can't see anything at all. Just as I am about to lose what is left of my air I feel and opening. Excited I barely touch the bottom just long enough to push myself back up to the surface.

"Maybe you are a mermaid after all." Achilles scoffs.

"I'd be missing my fins then. Listen there is a tunnel down there I don't know where it leads or even how far it goes but that is our best shot at getting out of here. You willing to take that risk?" I ask as Achilles swims up to me.

''Anything is better then sitting here waiting for our deaths." Achilles says as I take hold of his hand.

"Take a deep breath."

Doing as I said Achilles and I dive deep underwater. Finally getting to the tunnel we begin to swim through as fast but as conserving of air as we could. After all we still didn't know how long this thing went and we didn't want to die down here. Achilles stopped for a moment though and began to panic. Grabbing onto him I hold his face still as I pass on the last bit of my air to him. Feeling his body calm down I began to swim faster and faster when we do see a small light. Just as we do though my body begins to panic after all I did give the last of my air to him.

Achille now grabs onto me and pulls me along as he swims. My body was beginning to feel very heavy and my vision was beginning to fade as I let out my air and water overcame my body and lungs. If I died again I knew it wasn't going to end well for anyone. My vision finally gave in just as I felt Achilles pull me up. Felling my body being lifted I felt someone trying to give me cpr and really I was surprised that I could even feel anything at all. The CPR worked and I began to cough up water and look around at my surroundings.

"Di! Thank goodness I remembered CPR!" Meg said as she embraced me.

"Meg, oh my goodness, I didn't think I would see you again." I reply as I hold onto her.

"Well the reunion will have to wait, we have to get out of here first." Achilles says as he helps me to stand.

"No, Achilles you have to get out of here!" I stop him and force him to look at me. "If you stay here you will be shot and killed. I cannot bare to see that happen to you."

"I have no control over life or death. What happens tonight is what must happen and I am not one to change that." Achilles says as he is about to walk out.

"Paris will kill you, he will shoot you right through you ankle, hitting your Achilles tendon and killing you. Must I watch you die before my eyes?!" I yell at Achilles who stops in his tracks. "History does not have to repeat itself, men are the ones who control their own destiny and their own deaths if they can be prevented. Think Achilles, is this war really worth your life?"

Achilles doesn't even turn to look at me. Instead I see him sigh.

"Meg, you and Diana get out of here. This is war and women don't belong here." Achilles says as he takes off back into the fighting.