Chapter 45

Achilles POV

I watched as my mother held Diana's hand. She didn't even look as though she were afraid, instead she looked to be full of sadness. Moving up to her head I watched as Hector took her other hand. It was as though he feared more for her than himself. Paris couldn't watch and took the children to the corner of the room.

"Diana? I'm sorry I couldn't protect you or our child. I never wish to be separated from you for you must know how much I love you." Hector said as he bent down and kissed her.

"I do not blame you at all, today I was going to give my hand to you with all my heart. Even though I am not here though remember in our hearts we will never be apart." She spoke so kind to Hector and tried her best to smile for him.

"I will go fetch a healer, maybe there is something to be done." Hector spoke quickly as he ran to find a healer.

Closing my eyes, I tried to fight off my own emotions when I felt a soft hand upon my cheek. Opening my eyes, I looked down and saw Diana with her hand on my cheek. Leaning into her touch I watched as he painless face disappeared, and I could see the pain she was suffering. I didn't know what to do though.

"She shows her true pain to you, she can depend on you." Mother smiles as she looks at me.

"Achilles, please watch after Alec and Livitica even though I know you hate Hector. Please promise me you will do this for me." Diana speaks her concern for the children to me.

"Yes, I swear to you Diana I will do as you ask." I nod as I hold her hand to my cheek.

"Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I would fall into the past and fall in love with two great men. I thank god for the time I had here." She says as she grimaces with pain. "Goodbye Achilles, keep your promise."

Meg shook her head as she sat down beside Diana. She couldn't stand to see her sister in such a way.

"Di, no you can't do this to me. What will happen now?" Meg questions as she looks down at her sister.

"She will return to your time and you will stay here until your life here has been lived, then you will return to her." My mother tells Meg reassuring her that she will see Diana again.

"That's comforting but I will miss you so much." Meg speaks quickly as she begins to cry.

Hector returns with the healers and after taking a long time examining her they come to the same conclusion as my mother. She is dying. All of us are at her side, the children even said their tearful goodbye as Diana smiled and hid her pain away from them. Alec refused to leave her side though, so he stayed by me as we all just sat and waited.

"Diana? My love speak to me?" Hector spoke out after close to an hour of silence.

Taking Diana's hand, he began to sob as he realized her soul was no longer there. Unlike the rest of us, tonight Hector had lost two souls. That of Diana and his unborn child. No man should ever have to suffer through that. Meg cried as she ran from the room, no longer able to take the pain. Hector grabbed Diana's body and held her close to him. Keeping my calm, the best I could I watched as he began to beg every god that he could think of to bring her back. None of them answered his plea. Laying her back down, Alec went and hugged his mother tightly. It was a long hug and one that he needed. Returning to my side he looked up at me with tears in his eyes. His eyes which he shared with his mother.

"She is at peace, you will see her again one day." My mother says as she walks to her grandson and holds him in her arms. "Now she watches you from the sky."