Chapter 28

The man holding me was one with a strong grip and no matter how hard I tried to escape his hold, it really did me no good at all. Who was I kidding? I really should have seen this coming. After all fate has a cruel way of trying to kill me...multiple times. Gripping the mans arm I thrash and kick as I still try to escape as Helen's husband makes his way up to me and forcefully grabbing me by my chin. He makes sure that our eyes meet as his free hand holds up a dagger. My eyes widen and the fear within my body goes into overdrive.

"For the life you took, I shall takes yours as revenge for my wife." He tells me as he raises the dagger higher and higher into the air.

Probably not a good idea when some of the Trojans that were still fighting somewhere in the palace were probably expert bowman. Closing my eyes I knew that fate wouldn't give me a second chance again. This was how I was going to die and there was no way I would be able to escape it. Praying to god I somehow wouldn't die I heard a loud scream from the man about to kill me. Looking up I am scared to death when I see him drop the dagger and an arrow is pierced right through his hand. The man holding me, obviously loyal to his King throws me to the side to help the injured man.

Trying to regain my stability I look around and off in the distance I see Meg holding a bow with an arrow already to go. Did that mean that of all people it was Meg who saved me?! Meg's eyes got wide as she motioned for me to follow her. Jumping I began to run to my best friend and when I finally got to her I hugged her as tight as I could.

"Where in the world did you learn to do that?" I question not releasing my hold on her.

"Seriously, we're in a camp of warriors for god only knows how long and you don't think I would have learned at least one weapon?" Meg chuckles as we begin our way far into the palace away from the courtyard.

The palace was in shambles. Everything was thrown everywhere and whether it be to my left or to my right there were countless bodies of not only soldiers but innocent people who were and the wrong place at the wrong time. My heart felt so much sorrow for the lives of everyone who had lost their life today.

"We have to get out of here, did you at least get the royals out?" Meg questions as we stop just for a moment.

"I may have more or less kicked them out through that passage and then locked them out..." I tell Meg who just looks at me completely shocked.

"Well...that's one way to do it. You don't they will try and get back in though do you?" Meg said looking around to make sure we were alone.

"I honestly don't know, Hector is stubborn as is Paris but I think the fear for their lives would outpower that?" I now question as Meg looks at me giving me the 'Yeah right' look that I knew all too well.

Taking off again we turn the corner to find Achilles and Patroclus fighting side by side. Looking to Meg it wasn't hard to tell that her heart had practically jumped into her mouth. At least Achilles was there beside him...until a few other men led Patroclus away from Achilles. Well that wasn't smart Patroclus! Rolling my eyes I grab the bow that Meg had and take aim at one of the men about to strike Patroclus down. Taking a deep breath I keep the arrow straight as I release my breath and the arrow. Striking the man down the others see that Achilles and Patroclus were not the only threat now. Turning to Meg I remember I shouted for her to run, the look in her eyes was a look I would never forget. Pain, anger and sadness all mixed in together. Knowing I was right though Meg took off running as fast as she could just in time for me to block one of the soldiers sword with the bow.

"Diana!" I hear Achilles yell with more anger than I thought he was able to use. "GET OUT OF HERE! THEY WILL KILL YOU!"

Taking the bow and hitting the soldier with it as hard as I could I watched as he fell to the ground only to be replaced by another soldier. This was a stupid idea! Using the bow I begin to use it like a baseball bat and hit anything and everything around me. Two more men fall to the ground but I didn't think they were dead. Grabbing one of their swords at least now I had a better weapon.

"WOMAN I KNOW YOU HEARD ME! LEAVE!" Achilles yells out to me at the top of his lungs.

"I HAVE NEVER OBEYED YOU, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I WOULD START NOW?!" I retort right back at Achilles as I block one of the swords coming right at me.

Granted I am surprised I am able to fight at all but most of this felt like a strange dance to me. A long, tiring and disgusting dance. Using the sword I was able to knock down many of the men who came my way to the point I was wondering where the heck they were coming from since I knew Hector and Paris were supposed to be outside the wall. That's when I heard the yell of a man, one who I knew was in fear of his life. Turning back I quickly saw Patrcolus struck down to the ground and a tall bulky man raising his sword about ready to take Patroclus life from his with just one swing.

Without hesitating, I drop my sword and take off towards the man. This wouldn't be how Patroclus dies! He had to take care of Meg and that baby! Once I was close enough I jumped and grabbed onto the man and began to hit him anywhere I could...the sword probably would have been handy for this as well. Dang it! Why didn't I freaking bring it with me?! The man backed up off of Patroclus and looked around for a wall. I knew what he was going to do. Finding said wall he began to run backwards. Taking my forearm I wrapped it around his throat and squeezed as hard as I could but it didn't last long. With me on his back I was the one to come into contact with the wall and it felt like the wind was literally knocked out of me.

My grip fell as did my body. It felt like I was falling forever but once I finally struck the ground I gasped trying desperately to get any amount of air back into my lungs. Barely able to open my eyes I could still see the Giant smiling down at me. He was going to kill me just like everyone else wanted to. Now he was raising his sword to strike me down in one swipe.

"NO!" I could hear Achilles scream and just a few moments later it happened.

The giant stopped midstep, his sword fell down to the ground beside him as he felt down to his knees. I didn't know what was happening but when he completely fell down standing behind his was both Achilles and Patroclus with their swords drawn and very bloody. Lucky for me that was just enough time for me to be able to breathe again. My body would not allow me to move though. My arms would not obey my head commands to move and get me the heck out of here. Instead I lay there like a rag doll waiting for their owner to come and play with them. Achilles threw his sword aside as he came up to me and took me in his arms.

"Woman, don't you know to stay away from danger?!" Achilles demanded but it in a kind voice.

"If I did...you'd be...dead..." I manage to barely speak loud enough for Achilles to hear me.

Achilles gently grabbed me and picked me up from the ground. I couldn't resist, not that I wanted to at that moment either. Being in his arms I knew I was safe again and that he wouldn't let anyone hurt me now. As I thought that my eyes slowly closed as I let sleep and darkness envelope me.