Chapter 4

Hours went past, I wanted to go after him but Daryl was just to stubborn. "You okay?" I turned around, looking at Michonne. "Yeah, I gotta be." Michonne nodded. I started hearing Judith cry, I ran up the stairs to pick her up but I stopped in my tracks, seeing Daryl hold her. "It's okay sweetheart. I'm here." Daryl soothed her.

I quietly backed up and walked back down the stairs. I started putting my handgun and Daryl's knife in my belt. As I walked outside, the sun hit my face, it felt nice. "Where are you going?" I turned around to face Carl as I opened Shane's car door. "To find my dad. Get the gate please." I shut the car door, starting up the engine. "What do I say to Daryl if he asks where you are?" Carl asked. "To find Merle." Carl nodded opening the gate for me. I sped past him, going through all the walkers and out of the prison.

It was nearing dinner time when I started to find all these dead bodies near this abandon building. I started getting a bad feeling in my gut as I turned the corner. That feeling was on point when I pulled up next to a walker. I wound my window up as he looked into my eyes as I looked like his next meal. "Dad?" I sobbed. He was banging on the car, moaning and groaning. He had a bullet hole in his chest.

"Hey asshole!" I heard Daryl yell at my dead dad, making him look at Daryl. Everything was all blurry as I had tears streaming down my face. Daryl tackled his brother to the ground, stabbing him repeatedly in the head, only making me cry harder.

I looked on the ground, seeing Daryl in tears. "Get in the car." I called out to Daryl. "Wait." He told me as he started searching my dads body. He put dad's wallet in his back pocket followed by a gun and a packet of smokes. I helped Daryl get his bike in the back of the car, lucky it had a big trunk so the bike could fit perfectly.

We sat in the car for a couple minuets, my head laid on the steering wheel. We have lost everything except each other. "Your my property now." I turned my head looking at Daryl with a confused face. "I can't loose you too." He said, making me grab his hand. "You won't. We have each other, you have Beth too, I've seen the way you look at her." He sighed. "I have you. That's all I need." He said to me. "Let's go home." I said, turning the key, making the car roar to life.

2 weeks later.

We were under attack, The Goviner was at war with us. We lost even more people then we could afford. People were getting on busses, in cars and even just running out of the prison. I had Judith in my hands, there was walkers everywhere. Everyone was gone that I saw, The Goviner was on the floor coughing up blood. "Help me." He gasped for air. "Never. You killed my dad you sum bitch." I growled at him, kicking him in the ribs before shooting him in the head.

Judith was crying her eyes out, making me run faster away from the walkers. "Hey sweetheart, it's okay. Were safe now." I whispered her lullabies as she fell asleep on my shoulder. I was walking for what felt like forever, my arm was numb from carrying her but I didn't mind, I would keep my arm numb if it meant that she would sleep.

I managed to climb up a rock where it was safe. It was dark by now, the moon as the only light source. Somehow I managed to change Judith's nappy why she was still asleep but she started to stir once I finished. "Hey baby girl, it's okay. Shh, shh." I tried soothing her, only to figure out she was hungry. I was lucky enough to grab her supply bag that was full of food and nappies. "Here we go, sweetheart." I gave her a bottle of formula as she sucked it down. "Your pretty hungry, huh?" I smiled at her as she held my pinky, giving me a toothless grin as she continued to drink. Soon she was back asleep and I even started drifting off myself.

I was jolted awake when I heard Judith crying. I held her in my arms trying to sooth her. "What's wrong baby? Are you hungry? Do you need your nappy changed?" I sniffed her nappy and that nearly made me throw up. "Okay baby, wait a sec." I laid her on her back pulling out a nappy from the bag. I quickly changed her, cleaning her up and putting her little pants back on.