Chapter 13

Waking up on the cold hard ground at 7am in Denise's house killed my back. Looking around to see no sign of Jesus, I get up and leave Denise's house and head towards Rick's house, catching up to follow Daryl, Rosita and Abraham. Entering Rick's house they heard noises as they ran upstairs and pointed there weapons at Jesus. "It's okay, lower your weapons." Michonne demands as they do.

Jesus looks over at me, happiness in his eyes. Pushing past Daryl, Abraham and Rosita, I run into Jesus' arms, hugging him tightly as he returns the hug almost instantly. Letting go of Jesus, I look up at Rick, a stern pissed off look on his face. "You said we should talk? Let's talk." Rick pushes past Jesus as we all follow rick into the kitchen: dining room.

Rick puts on the kettle for everyone as we all stand in silence awkwardly. Everyone doing there own thing. Daryl checking his hand gun to see how long his ammo will last him, Rosita and Abraham talking to each other and occasionally looking over at Jesus and I, Michonne and Rick making coffee for everyone and Carl feeding Judith.

"It's good to see you again. I never thought I would see you ever again." He explained, running his hand through his luscious long hair. Going to his knife in his belt, he pulled it out and handed it to me. Running my fingers over the hand made leather handle, it brought back some good old memories. "You keep it, it's kept you safe so far." I smile, turning the knife around handing him from the handle side. Putting it back in his belt, I pulled him by his shirt making him kiss me, which he gladly kisses me back. He rested his hand on my hip, squeezing it gently.

Pulling away from the kiss, we heard a gun cock. Looking over to Daryl, he had his gun pointed at Jesus. "Sit your ass down." Daryl growled at Jesus as he hesitantly sat down. "Daryl, calm down." He didn't say anything but glare at me. If glares could kill, I would be dead.

Tuning in and out of Jesus' conversation, he talked about how he had a place like ours called Hilltop. "We're all on the same side, the living side." Jesus then looks to Rick as if saying 'you gotta believe me'. "You're all good people, just like we are. I didn't see that until I saw Charlie again." He smiled towards me, putting his hand in mine, making Daryl grunt in disapproval. I ignore Daryl as I smile back at Jesus. "I trust you. He was my pre-apocalypse boyfriend after all." I squeeze his hand. "Your still my girl." I blush as we look over at Rick. "We have food, you have medicine. We can trade half, save each other's asses." Rick nodded in agreement. "Who's Negan by the way?" Rick squints at Jesus. "Your worlds about to get a whole lot bigger."

2 hours later

The RV wouldn't start so I helped Daryl with the hood of the RV. "Pass the flathead." Daryl asked, using hand gestures for me to hurry up. I see Denise head our way as Daryl screws in the last screw. "Hey, I brought you both some food." Daryl turns around and looks at Denise. "Take it." Daryl shakes his head 'no'. "We're good. We will pick something up along the way." Daryl goes to turn back around. "Like rabies?" Denise jokes. Daryl scoffs. "It is better then roadkill. Thanks." Daryl stuffs his food in his pocket as I do the same. "You know, you remind me a lot of my brother." Denise smiles at Daryl before turning to me.

"So, how's the baby going?" Denise smiles at me. "Um-I-uhh..." I look to Daryl. "Surprise..." I awkwardly smile at Daryl before he slams the hood shut. "I'm sorry, I was going to tell you. I only found out yesterday. I'll tell Jesus when it's the right time, I promise." Daryl crosses his arms and glares at me. "Get on the RV." I go to argue but Daryl interrupts. "I said get on the RV." I then listen to Daryl as I step on the RV and watch them pack."

On the road to Hilltop

We are all on the road and I'm seated between Abraham and Daryl. Glenn had his hand on Maggie's belly. Abraham decides to try and have a private conversation but I could still hear it. "So, when you were pulling a Bisquick, were you trying to make pancakes?" Glenn looked confused. "Umm... Yes?" He asked but then caught on. "Yes, we were talking about it and we're trying to do something, I guess." Abraham nods before leaning back in his seat. "Maggie's not the only one pregnant." Rick, Michonne, Abraham, Maggie, Glenn and Jesus all have eyes on me. "I'm pregnant too and no I was not trying to make pancakes." I looked at Abraham as he surrendered. Daryl rubs my shoulder as Jesus speaks up. "Who's the father?" I don't respond for a minuet. "Spencer." I chocked out as I lean into Daryl, he continues to rub my shoulder as silent tears roll down my face.