Chapter 10

1 week later.

Now.

We all drive in 3 cars and Daryl on his motorbike. Once we got there we saw the problem or more of a privilege. There was hundreds probably even thousands of walkers in this giant pit, I guess you could say. There was two trucks parked on the other side of the pit, blocking the walkers from getting out. The other two trucks were parked in front of us. "We need to build walls, stop them from getting out, once they fall over that cliff area over there, they won't be able to get back out." Rick pointed to in the middle of both trucks where there was a giant drop off.

We started to hear cracking from where the truck was on the other side. It started giving way as the truck fell off the ledge that it was sitting on and squishing some walkers. "We have to do this live!" Abraham spoke up heading towards a car. "Come on let's move, do it now!" Rick demanded. "Sasha, take Charlie. I'll lead them out behind you." Daryl demanded, I got into the car as we sped off towards the walkers.

Then.

Spencer and I were on duty, everyone was happy... Well nearly everyone. I spotted Rick as he was watching his son and Enid sit on the bench roof in front of the pond. Spencer started walking up to Rick but I stopped him. "Hey, just leave them. We all need a break." I smiled lightly at Spencer. "Okay." I wrapped my arms around his next as he kissed me, placing his large hands on my hips as he pulled me closer to him, kissing me in the middle of the street.

The next day.

I sat on Rick's porch steps, handing Daryl zip ties for his bike. Rick walked out of his house and stood in front of Daryl. "We need more guard towers, more watch points, there's heaps of blind stops around here." I stood up and cross my arms over my chest. "I can take watch, I can. I do curfew hours at night already and that's pretty much looking out at night." I offered. "No. Not happening." Daryl spoke up. I sat back down on the step, playing with a zip tie.

Now.

Abraham looked a little flushed in the face. "Are you worried? Why did you even get in the car with me if your worried?" It was silent, I leaned my head against the window, just listening. "This is the closest thing to living anymore." Sasha answered herself as we came to a stop. "We're at red, at the bottom of the hill." She spoke into the walkie talkie. "Okay, continue when you hear the walkers." Rick answered through the walkie talkie.

2 minuets later.

Once we started hearing the walkers moans and groans we started driving again, pulling out in front of Daryl. I was shocked and scared. Shocked because I've never seen so many walkers before and scared because Daryl was behind us and he didn't even seem nervous about it or anything. I turned around in my seat, looking at him through the back window, he only smiled at me, my heart was beating so fast I think it was going to beat out of my chest. "His okay, his going to be okay, Charlie." Sasha must of noticed my fear for him. "I know, his a Dixon after all." I sat back in my seat, resting my feet up on the other seats.

Then.

Rick all called us over to his place for a group meeting. "Morgan and I, while we went out burying Pete's body, we found this giant canyon area. There was hundreds of walkers in it. There's 4 trucks from blocking the walkers from getting out. If we can build walls around it, they'll fall in and won't be able to get out. We need volunteers on building the walls and moving walkers towards the canyon. Who's with me?" Rick speaks up. Abraham offers to go with Sasha. "Take Charlie with you too." Daryl demands. "I'll be able to keep an eye on her and protect her if needed." Daryl puts his arm around my shoulder, squeezing it gently.

Now.

We started heading towards Alexandria, the horde was about 30 meters behind us. "I need to get out. I need Daryl." I started panicking as the walkers were getting closer and the flairs were going off. I opened the back door as I got out. "Charlie, get back in the car!" Sasha yelled as Daryl pulled up next to me. "I need Daryl." I told Sasha as I climbed on Daryl's bike, clinging to him for dear life. "I got her. Let's go." We started turning the corner as the walkers were getting closer as we drove down the long stretch of road and we headed away from Alexandria.

Then.

It was around 11am when Abraham and Tobin got a group together to build the fence. Everyone was working in some way, either building the fence, planting trees, standing on guard or handing out food and cold drinks. I ended up getting stuck serving sandwiches while Carol handed out the cold drinks of water. Carol and I parted as she went to talk to Rick while I went to Spencer. Spencer stands up from planting and gives me a quick kiss on the lips. "How's it going so far?" I asked handing him a sandwich. "Yeah, it's good. Thanks." He took a bite. Rick suddenly told the guys that were working on the fence to look out. I quickly ran up next to Rick. "Don't use your guns, use your shovels. Aim for there head." I assured them. "You can do it." There was a guy in a green hat that fell to the ground as the walker was about to attack him. Rick, Abraham, Morgan and I started taking out the five walkers that were going to attack us.

After everyone was finished with the fence and everything else Rick, Michonne, Daryl and I headed to the main kitchen pantry to get more canned food for Rick's house and ours. When we opened the door we saw Carter pointing his gun at Eugene while he was on the floor which spilt over cans. Rick instantly pulls the gun out of Carter's hand and points Carters gun at him.

"What are you doing?" Rick growled. "You can't take Alexandria from us, we will fight back." Carter gestured to him and some others, including Spencer. "We already have." Rick stood up, placing Carters gun in the back of Rick's pants.

I looked at Spencer killing with a dagger in my head before turning on my feet and walking out of the main kitchen pantry. I heard footsteps follow me outside. "Hey, wait. I'm sorry. Charlie, I'm sorry." I just walked faster towards our house as I heard Daryl say to Spencer. "Just leave her, she'll come round when she's ready." Spencer sighed.

Now.

I start to turn around slightly in my seat behind Daryl to look at Sasha and Abraham when I realise that some of the walkers are heading towards the Forrest and breaking off. "Daryl, the horde is breaking off into the Forrest." I told him as I continued to watch them from behind. "Rick, I need to go up ahead and get the walkers back on the road." He talked through the walkie talkie. "No. It's to dangerous, Sasha abs Abraham might end up dead if you leave, they need to know you'll be there for them." Rick replied. "Look I need to do this." I squeezed around Daryl waist to calm him a little. "You need to stay focused." Rick replied.

20 minuets later.

Daryl slowed down a little to get beside Sasha and Abraham. "We're gonna go up ahead and cuticle round to check it out. You'll be fine. We're gonna lead the walkers back your way." We heard Sasha yell at us over the roar of Daryl's bike. "You have to stay here, Rick told you to stay here." We ignored them as we sped off.

1 hour later.

We finished circling around as we decided to enjoy the time we had for now. "I'm headed your way." Daryl ignored him. "Are we going back to Sasha and Abraham?" I asked resting my head on his wing vest. "Yeah." We suddenly hear gun fire coming from Rick's side of the walkie talkie. "Rick, you okay?" Daryl asked but all we heard was static. "Rick!" Daryl said louder, but again static. Daryl revs his bike, putting it into gear as we sped off as fast as possible down the road towards Sasha and Abraham as we joined back up with them in the next turn.