Chapter 7

I woke up to people talking and laughing, Judith and I were the only ones in the living room. Judith was still asleep as I woke up stretching my arms, I haven't had this much rest since Woodbury, it felt good to relax. I picked up a sleeping Judith and held her in my arms.

I walked into the dining room/ kitchen area to see everyone eating toast,  instant eggs and having coffee. "Morning." Everyone chimed in, greeting me. "Hey, morning." I smiled, pouring myself a cup of coffee and leaning against the counter with Judith still asleep on my hip. I haven't seen everyone this happy since the prison, maybe even the farm. They were laughing and talking about who was going to the party tonight and what they're plans were for today.

"Where's Daryl?" I spoke up, not seeing him around anywhere. "He went out hunting, said he'll be back around dinner." Rick answered. "Okay, well I'm gonna go see Diana." I handed Judith to Carl so I could go brush my teeth and hair.

Diana told me she was still trying to figure out Daryl but she already had a job for me. "I want you to do curfew shifts. You and my son, Spencer can do sifts from 10pm to 12am except for Saturday and Sunday. It's Thursday today, you'll both start tomorrow, tonight you will enjoy the party." She smiled. It seemed like a pretty easy job, I could even go hunting with Daryl or learn to cook while I took the time off.

"Daryl likes to hunt. He has an attitude that is kind of in the moment, if you piss him off, he will lash out at you. If you become his friend, he will protect you. All he ever did before the apocalypse was hunt, look after his family and cook what he caught. He loves his motorcycle and he loves me. If he found out I was talking to you now he would get mad at me because he isn't here to watch over me. His a good man just with a broken heart. Don't hurt him in any way, he won't like that at all." She smiled, crossing her leg over the other. "I just figured out what I want him to do. Does he know how to build a bike?" I smiled copying her. "You want him to be a mechanic?" She nodded. "Yes, of course he can go hunting when he wants but he sounds like his good at building and fixing up vehicles." I nodded. "He is, my dad taught him how to fix my dad's old bike." I smiled at the memory. "That's very clever."

That night.

I was in the shower when I heard the front door to Daryl's and my house slam shut. "I'm home!" Daryl called out from does stairs as I was finishing washing my hair. "Okay, I'll be out in a minuet." I yelled out to him.

Stepping out of the shower, I dried myself off and combed my long thick hair. It was nearly to my ass. As I was about to walk into my room, Daryl stopped me.

I had a towel on, jeez! Calm down.

"What? I need to get dressed." I looked down at him from up stairs. "I caught a whole lot of stuff, squirrel, possum, another skunk and even a badger." Daryl smiled up at me, holding up all the dead animals. "That's good, I'm gonna get dressed. Are you going to the party tonight? Rick will be there, maybe even Michonne and Carol!" I yelled out to him from upstairs. "Nah, I'm going to Aaron's, he invited me over for spaghetti." I giggled. "Herschel's spaghetti Tuesday on Thursdays." I sighed at the memory. "Yeah, I guess so. Well I'll see you later." He called out as I was now putting on some nice blue heels that matched a blue knee length dress. "Okay, bye." I called out as he shut the front door behind him.

The party.

"I'm so glad you could make it. Where's Daryl?" She asked a little worried. "His with Aaron, said he was going to have spaghetti with him and his husband." I smiled at her, patting her shoulder. "Oh okay, thanks for letting me know." She smiled at me walking to her husband.

I started walking over to rick not really enjoying the party. "You look nice." Rick looked me up and down while holding Judith. "Thank you, so do you." I complemented, as this blonde chick started to walk up to us with her son. "Hey, I'm Jessie, this is Sam and my other son, Ron is over." She pointed over to where Carl and the other two teens were. "I haven't seen him so happy in a long time, we all seem happy." Rick said, looking to me smiling. "Hey there Rick, I'm Jessie's wife." This creepy guy held out his hand, Rick hesitantly shook it. "Could I take Judith to look around?" I smiled at rick holding my hands out for the little girl that I love as if she was my own. "Of course." He handed me Judith as I quickly walked away.