three

"Oh my dear lord, I love you Oli!" I watch as Nora jumps around the house, her longing hair bouncing behind her in a wave like motion.

"Are you crying?" I ask, noticing her eyes beginning to water. Instead of wiping the tears she nods, a smile on her face, then running over and squeezing the air out of me.

"I honestly can't put my happiness into words right now, thank you so much!" Nora screams, drawing out the 'so'. She releases me and jumps around more, before calming down.

"Look at his smile! Oh gosh, I can't believe this. And the way he says my name- hallelujah!" I smile as she wipes a tear and plays the video for the 200th time, pausing half way.

"Did you hear that?" She asks, continuing before I could answer.
"He said, 'Hey Nora, I love you so much, you mean the world!' Shawn Peter Raul Mendes acknowledged me. He knows that I'm a person. I just need a moment." She says, before jumping around again, her excitement bouncing off the walls.

"Did you post the video?" I ask, noticing her phone booming with Instagram and Twitter notifications.

"Yeah, but it's buzzing a lot more than it should. I logged out of Twitter too, and I'm on my personal for Instagram, so something doesn't add up." She tells me, and I can't help but smile when she checks all the comments.

"No." Is all she's able to spit out, before dropping her phone on the couch and crying all over again.

"What is it?" I ask, playing dumb. As if I didn't ask Shawn to do it and lighten Nora's dreams and goals.

"He's following me." She whispers, a tear rolling down her face.

After a good hour of thanking, hugging, crying, and screaming, Nora is sitting on the couch peacefully, her smile not daring to escape her lips once.

"You got a text." She tells me, not looking away from the wall. I reach over to my phone and smile when I see that "Hot Guy From Tim Hortons" has sent me a text, asking if I was still going.

I notice the time was one pm and I was still dressed in my pajamas, so I text him that I would be there, and went to get ready.

I grab faded blue skinny jeans and a white sweater with Minnie Mouse on it, then putting converse on and brushing my hair. I apply some light makeup like I always did and almost yell to my parents where I would be, but remember they were both at the Café.

"I'm gonna meet up with a friend, okay?" I tell Nora, and she nods her head delightfully, as if nothing could possibly tear her down.

"Have fun!" She calls out as I shut the door, and I can't help but shiver at how nice she was being.

About ten minutes later I was standing at an empty park, with trees covering all around it. I begin to wonder if maybe this was such a good idea, but don't have time to walk back home before I hear a snap.

I was never one for horror movies. I hate thrillers, and I hate scary things in general. So when the snap came I couldn't help but scream a "hell to the no" and sit down, not daring to move.

I knew that practically no one came here, so it was either a creep wandering the areas for children, or satan's messengers were here to take me away.

Both thoughts are dismissed when I see that boy in the black hoodie and sun glasses, biting back a smile when he removes the hood, messing up his hair on the way.

"Scared me for a second." I tell him simply, and I watch as he chuckles, paying attention to features I hadn't thought much about before.

Shawn was actually pretty cute, now that I think about it.

"I try my best." He replies, and walks over to sit down next to me on top of the picnic table.

"So, mister Shawn Mendes, a seventeen year old singer from Canada, best known for his song Stitches, and originally started his career on the social media app, Vine, what brings you to New York?" The facts I learned from my sister spewed out of my mouth and I gave him a sheepish grin, making him smile.

"I started on YouTube, stalker, but it looks like someone did their research. And it's because my manager thinks I need to connect with the fans more, and what better place than New York? I've already met you, which is a pretty good win if you ask me." I blush a little before snapping myself out of it, and back to reality.

"That's actually pretty nice to meet your fans. And Nora freaked out by the way. Tears and everything." He laughs in a soft way and I smile. We stay quiet for a little before Shawn speaks up.

"So, before I learn about New York, I need to learn a little about my tour guide. So please, tell me all about yourself, miss Olivia." Shawn asks, and I shrug before answering.

"I don't know what to tell you. My name's Olivia Roth, I'm seventeen, my favorite color is blue, and I work at the Tim Hortons my parents own. Oh, and my little sister is obsessed with you."  I look at the ground saying these things, because I knew it wasn't extraordinary. I was just a normal girl in New York who didn't do anything exciting.

"Got any talents?" Shawn proceeds to ask, and I smile slightly before answering.

"I can make minute made pasta in 58 seconds. Oh, and I survived a night shift where I met a strange hooded creature at one am, on Valentine's Day."

"Astonishing." Shawn says, acting as if I had said I was on the Titanic.

"I find myself lucky to be alive every day. So, Shawn Mendes, you tell me some things about yourself that others don't know. Would you rather jump off a plane or jet?"

"Plane." Shawn quickly answers, and I raise my eyebrows as he explains. "A jet is way too fast for me. I'll take a plane."

"Smart choice." I say.

"What's your zodiac sign?" Shawn asks, and I'm slightly confused on how he was getting these questions.

"Libra. And are we going to be playing twenty questions now, or do you want to look around town?" I ask, and as I start to get up, Shawn pulls me back besides him and smiles at me.

"I'd rather play twenty questions with you." He said, grinning.

And so we did.