fifteen

"This cover got the most likes."

"Are you sure? I thought it was this one."

"It's definitely this one." Amber replies, and shows Adam the amount of likes at the bottom.

"Oh yeah, I guess it is."

"Livie, look alive. What's even wrong?" Amber turns to face me, and I shrug. Adam is silent, because I told him not to mention last night to anyone.

"I'm honestly just tired, Amber. I couldn't sleep last night." I said truthfully. I didn't sleep at all last night, but that wasn't the reason I was completely out of every conversation.

"Well, I think you need to cheer up. Maybe you should call that boy you went to the movies with and you guys can hook up." Amber says, causing Adam to quickly interject.

"Or we can all go to a party. I know Jake is throwing one tonight."

"I think a party seems nice. What time is it supposed to start?" I ask, and Adam goes on his phone for a moment before answering.

"Eight. And the address is on here too."

"Why exactly is Jake throwing a party again? Didn't he throw one two weeks ago?" Amber asks, curiously. Currently, Amber was pretty into Jake, and I'm not exactly sure why.

"I think his team won against their rival team? Something along those lines. But mainly just because he can't stop throwing parties."

I look at my phone briefly to see that it's already 6 pm, meaning I had about an hour to get ready since the drive to Jake's house wasn't exactly close by.

"I'll drive you, Liv. And you can join too." Amber says, looking at Adam.

"Sure. I'll be here by seven." Adam says, before saying goodbye. He had a car of his own, but lived so close by that he could walk to my house.

"See you when I'm ready!" Amber calls out before walking out.

I walk to my room and open my closet, searching for something to wear. Shawn was still on my mind by the time I changed, did my hair and makeup, and put my shoes on. As I sat on my front doorstep waiting for Amber's car to pull up, I realized that Shawn only had a week in New York, and then he three months were up. Maybe he was trying to keep some distance, so when he left we wouldn't feel as sad? That would explain what he was apologizing for.

Disrupting my thoughts, I see Amber's car park in the driveway, and open the passenger seat, not wanting to sit in the back.

"Where's Adam?" Amber asks loudly, and I shrug.

"He'll be here." I say, and just then we see Adam walking towards the car.

"I have to sit in the back?" Adam whines, and both Amber and I roll our eyes at him. Soon enough Adam gets in the car and we begin to drive, the radio playing music in the background.

"What time will we be back? Because I have to work the night shift at the café." I say, and Amber shrugs.

"Around ten? Depends if Shawn Mendes actually shows up."

My heart stops for half a second, and I turn to face Amber.

"What do you mean by that?" I ask, and she looks at me for a moment, as if I should know exactly what she meant.

"Jake and Shawn Mendes are apparently good friends, and he was going to show up to the party. Then again, it could just be rumors."

"Oh." Is all that I'm able to say, and become silent for most of the car ride. We finally get to Jake's house, and the last thing that I want to do is leave the car.

"Let's go, Liv. I brought you here so you could smile, not be a complete turtle and hide in your shell." Amber tells me, getting out of the car.

"You go ahead, I'll be there in just a second." I tell her, and she looks at me for a long time before shaking her head.

"Here. Lock the car when you're done with whatever deep thought is going on in your head, and then meet me at the kitchen and give these back. Don't take too long." Amber says to me, throwing the keys in my direction. I catch them and tell her thanks, then watch her walk away and into Jake's house.

I truly had no desire to go into that party. As much as I loved parties, my mind was set somewhere else and I couldn't bring it to the present no matter how hard I tried.

Who knew someone could screw your life up this much?

Instantly, I wanted to go back home. Or at least to the café, where I could sit and watch terribly cheesy dramas until three AM, while eating popcorn. I got out of the car slowly, and walked into Jake's house, saying hello to many people, but never stopping to have a conversation with them.

Finally I spot Amber in the kitchen, and rush over to her. I hand her the keys and she smiles at me, before going back to the conversation she was just in.

Just as quick as I came in, I leave the house and start to walk away from the people, and towards the tree that seemed almost as alone as me. As in walking I bump into someone that was currently running, so I fall back to the ground.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, are you okay?" I hear, and watch as a hand reaches out to me. I swipe my hair out of my face and grab onto the hand before replying.

"It was my fault, and I- Shawn?"

"Olivia?"

I now realized that this night was going to be a lot more eventful than I thought it would be.

--
Updated again because I suck at updating and decided to not make you guys wait a year for the next chapter