five

I didn't have to worry about my parents answering the door, or Nora running over. They've seen Amber too many times to count, and don't feel the need to have a conversation anymore when she's picking me up to go somewhere.

I yell a goodbye, and they all say it back, telling Amber and I to stay safe and come home right after the movie.

Right after that I pull the door open and run outside, quickly shutting it after. When the door is closed I turn and see who else but Shawn in that same hood.

I hadn't noticed before, but Shawn sort of towered over me. It was pretty cute.

Wait, what am I saying? It isn't cute. At all.

Right?

"You look great." Shawn says, not too loud. The butterflies don't seem to stop as I smile.

"I'd say the same, but I can't really see you." I tell him, and he smirks.

Now that was hot.

Trying my best to not get wrapped in my thoughts, I walk forward a little, and Shawn goes to his car, opening the door for me.

Only when we get in the car, and the tension is so thick I could slice it with a knife, do I realize that Shawn might think this a date.

Oh man.

"So," Shawn says as he begins to drive. "I've got to ask, why did you pick Poltergeist? Didn't you say that you hated scary movies?"

"When did I say that?" I ask instantly, not wanting to answer with the fact Amber set me up on this.

"When we played twenty questions." He replied, and I can't help but raise my eyebrows at the fact he remembered that.

"Someone's got an amazing memory." I think out loud, and Shawn does his adorable chuckle. But it's not adorable. At all. Not one bit.

"You could say that." Shawn smiles and looks at me for a moment, causing my insides to slightly melt.

Nora would kill to be in my position.

"But then again, do you remember when you asked if I wore contacts?" I retort, and his cheeks turn a light pink, causing me to smile.

"I didn't mean to be rude. Just, your eyes are this mixture of blue and green and it totally contrasts the rest of you- in the best way of course, I didn't mean-" I laugh in between Shawn's rambling.

"Shawn I was kidding, don't get your panties in a twist."

"My panties are fine, thank you very much." This causes me to laugh even more, just as a very familiar tune turns on the radio.

"I thought that I'd been hurt before." Shawn's cheeks turn pick once again as he reaches to turn the radio off, but I pull his hand in mine and away from the button.

"This is my favorite song, what are you doing?" I tell him.

It was a lie of course, but to be completely honest it was my favorite before they played it on the radio all the time. My new favorite was still one of Shawn's, but it was Memories, not Stitches.

"Is that so?" Shawn asks, and I nod my head rapidly.

"Oh yeah, I'm a big fan of this Sean kid." I tell him, pronouncing 'Sean' as 'seen'.

"Me too. I'll be needing stitches is my favorite song of his." He jokes back, causing me to burst into a bigger smile than before.

We joke around for a little longer, until we're parked in front of the movie theater, and I'm biting my lip, already slightly scared.

"You okay?" Shawn asks as we get out of the car, and I can only nod. His hood is back on and we bought our tickets and snacks. Actually, scratch that, he bought them, despite me asking him not to pay for mine.

"Ready?" Shawn asks as we stand at the doors. I give him a thumbs up and we walk into the theater, picking one of those comfy seats at the very back. If I was going to watch this I wanted that stuff as far away from me as possible.

The movie wasn't as scary as I thought it would be, to be honest. Yes, I probably wouldn't be sleeping tonight, but that's what I get for going through with this.

Half way through, when I jump scare came, I may have yelled 'Goodness me!' At the top of my lungs, which is something that I never thought I would say. This caused Shawn to erupt in laughter, along with half the theater.

My face could not have been redder.

"Aw, you look cute when you're embarrassed." Shawn says, causing an explosion of butterflies to form in my stomach. I play it off though, and shake my head.

"Don't pity me, Mendes."

This caused him to smirk and we continue the rest of the movie without me saying 'goodness me' for the rest of the film.

When we get in the car I can't help but be slightly paranoid, looking left and right every minute or so.

"Someone's being paranoid. You sure you can sleep alone tonight? I could keep you company." Shawn jokes. I would have thought that this was a total fuckboy move, but Shawn was quoting a boy we overhead walking out of the theater.

"No, I'm fine. I'm sure the demons in my closet will be enough company."

The rest of the ride is us discussing the movie, and how dumb they were being throughout it. When we reached my house I tried to hide my frown, since I probably wouldn't be seeing much of Shawn.

We exit the car-that I made him park at my neighbor's front- and he walks me up the driveway. We stop before turning to face the door, and I smile at Shawn.

"Thanks for tonight. Even though it was a scary movie I kind of enjoyed it with you, as weird as it sounds."

"No problem, and I had a lot of fun. We'll be doing it again soon though, right?" He asks, hoping to get a yes.

"Just give me a call." I say, my voice lowered due to how close we were.

And then, for the dumbest reason that I couldn't explain, I lean in.

And he does too.

"Livie? Are you out here?"

Fuck.

I pull away from Shawn slightly, and we're both silent.

"Goodnight, Olivia." He whispers, and I feel my knees begin to get weak as he kisses my cheek softly and squeezes my hand- that I didn't even realize he was holding- before letting go.

"Goodnight, Shawn." I whisper back, containing my grin. When he walks away and to his car I call out to Nora, and tell her that I'm coming.

"Someone looks like they had a great time." Nora tells me, her eyebrows raised and my huge grin.

She couldn't have been more right.