nineteen

-A/N- ok so basically I can't find a way to describe this but if you guys remember that video where Shawn was at that beach like place and he was all happy like "guys we're in this secret location and it's so amazing." Or something like that ??? tHaTs tHe plAcE iM tAlkInG AbOuT (sorry my description in this a/n is probably worse than how I describe it in the chapter. OK BACK TO THE STORY)

Amazing.

It was the only word I could use to describe the place Shawn had found. We were at a closed off area, not closed by walls but instead a sort of rock that made a semi-circle in the sand, and stopped at the water. It was as if it was made for privacy, which was reflect considering our situation.

The water was a clear blue and I found myself hypnotized by the waves, feeling the need to go in and swim for miles and miles on end.

"Shawn, this place is just-" I stop, not sure what the right word to describe this breath taking area would be.

"Yeah," Shawn says, "I know."

I pull off my shirt quickly, then my shorts, leaving me in my bikini with a bright smile on my face.

As I begin to walk over to the water I turn and notice that Shawn wasn't following me, but instead staring at his phone with a mixed expression of concern, fear, and sadness. I watch him as he wipes his eyes and puts his phone down, then taking off his shirt and walking over.

As he comes closer I stare at his stomach, admiring the most likely 100 pack. Shawn notices me looking and smirks, shaking his head.

"My eyes are up here." He says, and wraps his arms around me.

"Of course they are." I reply, giving him a quick kiss before grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the water.

The first thing I thought when my feet were no longer dry was wow, this water is freezing.

However, the sun was shining and it was either get in the water or be melted by the heat.

"God, this water is cold." Shawn says, and I shrug.

"You'll get used to it." I tell him, and drag him in a little more so his legs are now completely soaked.

"And if I don't, will you warm me up?" Shawn asks, giving me a wink. I roll my eyes at him and give him a big hug, smiling.

"Shawn, you need to loosen up. Relax. Have all the tense muscles in you release and be calm." I say, changing the subject. Shawn obeys and I feel him loosen up, which is absolutely perfect for me. I go on my tiptoes and press my cheek to his, then whispering in his ear.

"Don't hate me after this." I tell him, and before he can even think about what that meant I push him into the water as a wave comes by, completely soaking him.

"Olivia!" He scorns, and I can't help but laugh at him. Shawn was sitting down when he reaches for my hands.

"Help me get up." He says, and I yank my hands away.

"No, you'll just pull me down with you while trying to get up!" I reply, and he pouts, which, may I add, is absolutely adorable.

"Please babe, it's cold down here." He tells me, causing my heart to slightly melt.

"Promise you'll never make me cry and I will."

Expecting a grin, Shawn's smile falters for a slight moment that was so quick I felt as if I imagined it. He gives me a nod, then re-extending his arms to me.

"The things I do for you." I mumble, trying my best to ignore the expression I had just seen. Why had he stopped grinning once I said that? Before I can think of any possible solutions, Shawn's hands intertwine with mine, and I'm dragged down with him, getting drenched in the cold water.

"Shawn!" I scold, and he laughs loudly, planting a kiss on my cheek. I roll my eyes at him and crawl off of his lap and away, pretending to be mad, which only causes Shawn to laugh once again.

"Aw, come here babe."

"Don't you dare babe me." I retort, giving him the stink eye. Apparently this is hilarious to him because he chuckles, reaching for my arm.

"Honey? Love? Sugar? Blossom? Darling? Gorgeous?"

"Gorgeous, really?" I say, as if that was the most pathetic thing he could have thought of. I get up from the water and begin to walk to the shore as Shawn trails behind, both still not over how cold it was in there.

"Yes, gorgeous. Beautiful. Enchanting. Adorable. Hot. Sexy. Eye candy."

"Now you just sound like an old man who's trying to get in my pants." I tell him, and he shakes his head.

"Do I look like Bill Cosby to you?" He asks, and I shrug.

"Could have fooled me after using the term 'eye candy'."

"Well, is gorgeous good enough? Because it's not like you're not. I'm an honest man, I don't remember the last time I lied."

"About five seconds ago, when you were talking about me being gorgeous." I remind him, and he shakes his head as we both sit down, staring at each other.

"Everything about you is gorgeous though. Your smile, your laugh, the way you twirl your hair whenever you talk about something you love, or the way you'll hum in the café because you think that since there's only a few people in there, no one will notice as you hum the tune of a random song that pops into your head. God, naming all these things just makes me realize how much I don't deserve you. You're just-"

I cut Shawn off with a kiss, not only because I kind of wanted him to shut up since he was making me blush, but also because that was the sweetest thing anyone has said to me.

"Come on." I whisper to Shawn, gazing at his eyes. "Let's go swimming."

And so we did. We swam and joked and kissed and swam until the sun began to set, and we rushed to Shawn's car for some towels. And after drying off we laid on the sand and stared at the sky, his arms wrapped around me and my head on his chest, listening to the way his heart beat.

I couldn't have asked for a better moment than this.

Another update bc i haven't updated in a while aye.

also because you just deserve a ship filled chapter. ;)