Chapter 1: Monday Mornings

I was always that one girl. That one girl who noone really knew, and yet they were in ever class of mine since pre-k. I have come content with the fact like I am just kind of a shadow. I wasn't anything special, just a short no body with dark brown hair. My body was decent but I never wear any clothes ever to show it off. I like to just stay out of the way, its just better for everyone. 

Monday. The day we all know and hate. It wasn't just that you had to get up at 7 a.m to be forced to go to some prison where you learned, but also that everyone is very pissy on mondays. It's like the whole world is just one big moody mess and its even worst with teenagers shoved in a small classroom. I shut my locker and passed all the cheerleaders, who are way to cheerful and fake for a monday morning like this. How is it even human to be jumping around for the next rally or what ever they are yelling about. 

"Take your seats." Ms.Yong says as everyone shuffles to there seats. My first period was pre-calculus. I got to wake up to go to an extremely difficult class with the worlds most unfair and rude teacher in the world and Mondays just made that even better. I mean come on, this class was aweful and just to top it off, we had a test every friday. She was just trying to make our lifes a living hell. 

"Could I borrow a pencil?" I hear a deep voice behind me say. I feel my stomache drop. Cameron Jeffery. The hottest guy in school, who conveinently sits right behind me. Turning my head faster then lighting, I swiftly slip him a blue mechanical pencil. He slow takes it and sends me a wink with those deep brown eyes. Oh my lord, that boy was just everything any girl could ever want. He was the sex symbol of Kelly Woods High School.

"Elle.... Elle...." I snap my head up and wide off the drool slipping off my lip. "Stop day dreaming and take some notes." I nod hearing chuckles around me. 

First period ended and I caught my best friend Heather in the hallway. She was absouletly perfect. Long wavey blonde hair, super tan and an excellent body. She had all the boys drooling over her but with her strong opinions and intelectual ways, she will only dates college guys. "Hey kook." I say while shuffing into her. 

"Why are you all up, its monday morning." She said while shutting her locker and yawning. I looked to see if the coast was clear and that I wasn't going to commit social sucicde. 

"Cameron asked me for a pencil today." I was so enthusiatic as if he asked me if I wanted to go to Prom. Heather gave me her look of "are you kidding me" and shoved past me. Following right behind her I jumped up to say, "It was amazing. We had like two miliseconds of pure eye contact. Pretty much he wants me." 

"Oh I bet he does, the girl who doesn't go to parties and stays up to watch Suite life of Zack and Cody at midnight. All the guys must be lining up." She says while walking into her 2nd period and blowing me a sarcastic kiss. 

The rest of the day went as usual. 3rd period I awkwardly sat in the back with smelly stacy. 4th I didn't learn shit because my teacher has been pregnant and away for like weeks and each sub falls asleep in class. Lunch I sat with my same group since freshman year which consisted of me, Heather, Liam, and Nicole. 5th, I usually sleep and 6th band plays right outside my classroom and my head bangs due to the headaches it gives me. 

I walk into my house and of course my insane sister is practicing her weird arobic stuff. She likes to try new things but like every week. One week she learns guitar, the next week she is a master chef, its pretty weird. "Oh hey sis. Just doing my weekly stretch you know."

"Zoe, last week you were riding a unicycle around the house. I never just know what you are doing." She gave me a shut up look and so I jogged upstairs to my room. It was pretty small and I like to paint on the walls so it has a very, if you say, unique look. 

I sat on my bed and took out my laptop. I logged on to tumblr and put on my lana del rey record. This was my most content time. Just sitting here, alone, enjoying the music and catching up on some reading.  I am not very social, making friends has always been a stress for me. Thank god for Heather and her very extroverted ways. 

"Honey, Dinner's ready." My mom says from downstairs. I jump up and crack my back. Is it just me or does that feel like fricken heaven on earth. Heather always says it is disgusting how I crack all my joints but I mean it feels amazing so whatever. 

"How was school, sweetheart." My mom says while handing me a plate with homemade lasanga with garlic bread. She was an amazing cook and always had the best dinners. 

"It was how any monday could be, you know, horrific." She laughed and sat down. Zoe was sat as if she was in a yoga class. I just rolled my eyes and dug into this feast. 

"Zoe please sit up. This isn't some family who lets there kids meditate while eating dinner and Elle, I saw that you placed excelled on your English test, I am very proud of you." My dad said while sitting down. He was late, but It wasn't a suprise, he worked over time because he was just an over achiever. I love my dad but I wish he would just give him self a break sometimes. 

After dinner, I took my dog Big Mac, who is a Saint Bernard, out for a walk. He is huge and had enough slobber to fill up a kiddy pool but he is adorable and I love him to death. I usually only walk him because I always pass Cameron Jefferys house on my route around the neighboorhood. Not that he is outside ever but if he is I just hope for a quick smile and hello. 

"Elle!" I hear literally right behind me. I jump and then relax to see Liam. He has been my best friend since 1st grade, and has always been there for me. 

"Don't scare me like that you fricken dweeb." I shove him and he just laughs due to him being a good 3 feet taller then me. Liam wasn't bad looking, he had short brown hair and hazel eyes. He was on the track team and was probably the only kid who can eat anything he wants but doenst gain a pound. 

"Why are you walking the slobbery cutie Biggie." He said with a baby voice and shaking Big Macs face. He loves Big Mac almost more then me because his mom has never let him have a dog. 

"He needed to be walked, he's trying to lose 5 pounds for the poodle next store." He started to laugh and even though it was my own joke, I chuckled a bit too. "I better be going, see you tommorrow." 

"Later Loser." He says skating away.

I came home, letting Big Mac out and going upstairs to my room. I layed out my outfit for tommorrow, black tights, boots and a maroon long sleeve. I try to at least look decent now that Cameron Jeffery sits behind me. That boy is just a babe and I need to have him see me as more then the loser in front of him. 

I slipped on some pjs and climbed into bed. I grabbed my phone to check tumblr, like I do every night and I saw a text from Heather. 

Hey. You're going to a Party on 5th with me Friday. No ifs, ands, or buts. 

Oh god.