Chapter 5: Has my life turned into a Nicolas Sparks book?

Chapter Five : Has my life turned into a Nicolas Sparks book?

I sat without movement in Heather's small Jacuzzi, my waist was on fire due to the outrageously hot jet blasting into my bare skin. I hear someone calling my name but I am too occupied with the sensation of the hot water bubbling upon me.

"Elle.. Dude Truth or Dare?" I sat there staring at her, and felt my mouth opening slowly inhaling and exhaling air when I stood up.

"Uh.. I feel light headed I need to get out for a sec." I step up on the side of her Jacuzzi and unknowingly slip due to the tile. With that my whole body lunges into the pool, my head hit something hard and feel like I just was hit with a baseball bat, but I'm not unconscious, I am still here. I feel myself sinking lower and lower into the ice cold pool, until big arms come around me and pull me toward the surface.

I feel them slide me on the concrete and start to pump my chest, I am awake and here but I can't open my eyes or anything. I feel the soft lips kiss and blow air inside me, which makes me finally cough up water and open my eyes. I see Rykers turquoise eyes, lighten up to see me breathe, his shirtless body over mine, wet hair hanging above me with each drop hitting my face. We just sorta stared for a minute before Heather ran over and helped me up.

"Elle Oh my god Lets get you inside!" Ryker picked me up and laid me on the couch. He left to go get me an ice pack while Heather put a warm blanket over me. I feel the ice bag soothe the bump on my head, and a light kiss on my forehead. I slowly open my eyes to see Ryker smiling, which was perfect by the way, down at me.

"Sorry bout all this, I'm such a klutz..." He laughed and just took one of his hands, brushing it over my hair.

"No need to be sorry, I work with this kind of stuff everyday..." So not only if he a hot college student... no no that couldn't be enough.. He is a hot college lifeguard. I think I am gonna faint. I could tell he wanted to say something but stopped himself and proceeded with just saying, "I think you should get some sleep.." He tucked his head into my shoulder and I wrapped my arms around him.

"Thanks again."

With a smile, he replied with, "Anytime."

Both of the boys run upstairs, and I sink my eyes into nice slumber. I dream about Toby, reliving the moment we shared, His warm hands on my waist and his soft lips.... I wake up, breathing heavily. I need to get this whole Toby thing out of my head. I sit up, head still throbbing and look at the clock to see 6 o clock with Heather sitting there. I wanted to just get home before I had to see Ryker and drown in my own embarrassment again. I tapped Heather's head and she just put her hand up giving me the sweet goodbye as always.

While walking home, the sun rise was shining behind me and the warm willow tress hung throughout the neighborhood. I loved the fresh cold breeze of the morning and the soft hums of various birds. I cross the street and walk into my house, my dad had already left for work, of course. My large red door was especially heavy today as I opened it and saw my sister running in place with a bandana on her head.

I sigh deeply before I startle her saying, "Zoe are you serious. It's 6 in the morning. Whats up with the workout gear?" She rolled her eyes at me, such a little brat.

"I'm actually pursuing things in my life Elle, unlike you. I am in training for my marathon." I just laughed and walked up stairs. I can never take her seriously.

I opened my door, hearing the bells I hung on them jingle and ran, plopping onto my soft bed. I laid there for a good amount of time, just wanting to think, open my mind up to the numerous possibilities that I have to offer myself to do. With that, I grabbed my TV remote turning on American Horror Story, just to see Tates babe hair and the excitement of the show in general. Due to my quite exciting night, I took a nap with the help of NyQuil and woke up around 5 o clock. This would mess up my sleep schedule.

My head thumped of pain and I went downstairs to grab an ice pack to see Big Mac growling at the door, I slowly tipped toed so whoever was there couldn't see me through the door window, but sadly my ninja skills are pretty horrific and I hear my name be called from the mysterious person. I run to the kitchen grabbing a knife, since I am as you all may know, a little mellow dramatic. I was home alone and a stranger was knocking on the door, I couldn't just go up and answer no no, I had to make it into a murder show and crawl on the floor slowly to the door. I inch up to see through the little eye hole and I gasp, quickly opening the door.

"What happened to you! Oh my god!" I run to get the first aid kit, slip and eat shit due to my socks and our very polished hardwood floors. I get right back up, jumping over the couch and sitting softly next to Toby. Flustered, I grab a napkin to try to help the gnarly blood wound on his four-head. He stops me, grabbing my hand.

"I didn't come for help, I came to talk, Dollface" His bright blue eyes looked quite dull, and he seemed defeated. We stared at each other for a few seconds. He released and I put my hand down softly. I couldn't believe he was here, with blood ruining down his face, and only wanting to talk.

"Talk about what?" I acted stupid, I was nervous and I couldn't help it okay.

"I can't stop thinking about you." I felt like I couldn't even breathe. Those 6 words together coming out of his mouth towards me. It was true though, well for me, I couldn't stop thinking about him. He was constantly on my mind, but he's so bad guy and I'm so average brunette short girl. "I mean, I know we've known each other for awhile, but that kiss, it wasn't just an average kiss. Am I right?" He looked at me with such sincerity.

I couldn't respond, I felt shell shocked. He looked at me, my face probably with worry, confusion, and anxiety, and kissed me. Right there. Took his hand, pulling my face towards his and planting one on me. I didn't stop him, but I mean it was out of no where. His soft lips, the warmth of his hand on my neck, and crinkle of my toes took this kiss out of proportions. It was just like the closet, so slow and romantic. He released, and we just stared at each other.

"Wow." I breathed out. Has my life turned into a Nicolas Sparks book?

"Just like I remembered." Yup. It was. His knee brushed mine, and even that small touch made my face turn red, I was not like other girls. This whole lets surprise kiss and say lovey shit, is so not me. I stand up, standing over him breathing heavily.

"Toby, I just don't think I'm the type of girl you like, you know?" He turned his head, I could see the blood leaking into his blood messy hair. "Can I please help you now?" He nodded slowly and I grabbed the napkin, slowly dabbing his wound, his eyes burning my face.

"What do you mean my type of girl?" I slowly dabbed a bit of alcohol on his cut, he cringed a bit and waited for my reply.

"You know, I'm just a shy, more keep to myself kind of person, and you are so... so just bad" He smiled, I guess he took that as a compliment.

"So you're saying, you wouldn't date the quarterback?" I laughed, getting up to put away the first-aid kit, and having him follow me weirdly. "Come on, I know you want me, Dollface." I turn, looking at him with my eyebrow raised. He just winked and I laughed, due to his cocky manner.

"Shut up." I shoved his shoulder and he laughed sarcastically.

"How bout I take you on my bike." I shook my head, absolutely not. I'm not looking to die tonight. With that, he grinned. Oh no.

How. How the hell did he get me on this bike. Maybe it was his pouty blue eyes, shaped by his perfectly messy hair, back to the main issue. Why am I on this bike, I am going to die. It was black, shiny and fast. I know this because he comes into school like lightning and gets yelled at by supervision like everyday.

He put a helmet on my head, and them put on his, He grabbed my arms, setting them around his waist. "How on tight, Dollface." Before I could even say to be slow or careful, were going 80 through the hills. I held on tight, feeling his very muscular body against mine, it felt so safe and close. We were heading for downtown, and I could feel the soft breeze hit my face. Looking up to see all the lights and buildings, we jetted through and I think at that point with his warmth against my cheek and the sunset engulfing the sky, I officially, totally and completely fell for Toby Mackenzie.