Chapter 17

The rest of the week seems to pass smoothly. Everyone at school is finally getting the message that, yes, Harry and Jamie are really married and are leaving them alone. Lea gets a call to the office one morning and finds out that due to her high GPA and mass amounts of extra credit over the years, she's legally concidered a senior. So her schedule is adjusted, she ends up in every class with Jamie and Harry, much to their delight. They decide to throw her a small party over the weekend, inviting just their closest group members and parents. On Friday it's raining so they can't take the bike, so they're left with choosing which car to drive.

"We have to go to the grocery store after school. So pick one with room for that." Jamie reminds him. As she looks for Harry's watch.

"We should be able to fit everything in the Lamborghini, right? Harry asks her.

"Found it." She says, handing him his watch. "Don't know why not. Some of the others are bringing some stuff for Lea's party, so most of the stuff we're getting is just for us."

"Okay, we'll take that then." He says.

"I'd rather take the bike." Jamie sighs, looking out at the rain, as Harry backs the car up.

"Can't put the groceries on the bike babe." Harry reminds her.

"I know, but it's starting to get cold and we won't be able to ride it much longer." Jamie whines.

"Harry smiles, he's so glad she likes his bike. "Like it that much do you?"

"Are you kidding! I love it." She grins leaning over kissing his cheek.

"Well there's always next year love." Harry says pointing to his cheek again making her laugh. But she leans over and kisses him anyway.

When Harry pulls into the parking lot of the school they notice a crowd of people standing out side in the rain. They all turn at the sound of his car and are shocked to see him and Jamie exit it. That's when Liam and Lea, who are now dating, came up to them.

"Why is everyone out here getting wet?" Jamie asks.

"Schools on fire." Lea says.

Jamie lays her head on Harry's chest and groans. "We're never gonna fucking graduate out of this hell hole."

Everyone laughs. "Sure looks like the odds are stacked against us this year." Harry agrees.

Just then the principle gets on a bullhorn and tells everyone to go home, he adds that the seniors need to keep an eye on their e-mail for graduation options due to missing so many days.

Jamie looks at the group around her. "Well looks like we get to start our weekend early." She reaches in her purse and pulls out her house key and hands it to Lea. "We have to go to the grocery store. Make yourselves at home. There's plenty of rooms, as you well know. Well be home as soon as we're done." She tells them.

Lea gives her then Harry a hug, she and Liam head off to his car, while the others go to their's. Harry and Jamie get back in their own, and head to the store to stock up for the week and then some.

When Harry and Jamie get back home the gate is standing wide open and there is several vehicles in the driveway. Jamie frowns, when Harry parks in the garage and they can hear loud music coming from inside they both start getting angry. Harry grabs Jamie's hand as they hurry into the house. The first thing they see is Lea sitting on the stairs with her head in her hands, she seems to be crying. The next causes both Jamie's and Harry's jaws to drop. The livingroom is already a mess, and there is people everywhere. People Jamie doesn't know, well except for a few that is currently making her blood boil. Dancing on her coffee table is a half naked Deb. Looking at Harry, and seeing the way he's watching her, Jamie loses it.
Jamie stomps into the livingroom and literally rips the plug, to the stereo, out of the wall, causing everything to go deathly quiet.