Chapter 14

*********************************
Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
---------- Dr. Seuss
*********************************

"Who was that?" Was the first thing Aiden said in the last 20 minutes. I only gulped before speaking "Dad" and looked down starting to play with my fingers. Suddenly Aiden shouted making me jump "fuck sake bella, why didnt you say something?" He said as he got up and started pacing infront of me. "I-" he didn't let me finish before asking. "How long has this been going on for?" He asked, I only looked at the floor in response making him sigh. He came and sat infront of me and held my hands in his hand when I tried to pull away he held it stronger stroking them softly and ignoring my ragged breathing as he spoke again "I know I have been an assh*le to you and i've also said alot of stuff to you. But I want you to tell me everything, I cant let this continue do you understand?" He said as if spesking to a child. I pushed his hands off me before speaking "I dont want your pity, why are you suddenly nice to me? Just beacuse you know that I have a father who hits me? So now you feel bad for me? Remember I said we wont talk about anything else but work and like you once said we're not friends, we're not even accquitences so just forget you saw anything ok?" I said sternly and harshly getting up from the sofa and walking to the table " I think we have worked enough for today you should go home" I said to him he just sighed ran a hand through his hair and stood up he came towards me and gave me a venomous look as he spoke "fine! You are right I shouldn't care and I dont care do whatever the hell you do in your house." He went upstairs got his stuff and came back down he then looked at me and said four words that really broke me that showed that he didnt care that he really is heartless. "Have fun getting beat" is all he said before slamming the door and he was out of the house leaving me alone to drown in my misery.