Chapter 39

**************************************
Don’t downgrade your dream just to fit your reality, upgrade your conviction to match your destiny.

**************************************
"This one is classayyy" Ace trailed off showing me a red dress that he had in his hand.

"I'm not wearing a kids dress" I told him as I eyed the very short dress.

"this isnt a kids dress" he gasped as if I asked him for his kidney. It was an A-line dress that was covered in lace. From head to toe. Well, there was no toe. It was head and then thats it. The dress ended. I looked at it intrigued.

"maybe someone put in the adult section by mistake?" I asked Ace again and he rolled his eyes at me.

"This would barely cover my butt, let alone my legs. And look at that deep neck! Why make it at all if it's not gonna hide anything?" I shivered from all the creepy thoughts that invaded my mind.

"I want something that doesn't make me look like I was trying to fit in my baby clothes" I muttered to Ace putting the dress back where it belonged.

"Fine! We'll get something more classsaayyy for you" he said disappearing behind a rack of dresses.

After school Ace had brought me into a shopping mall, he wanted me to buy a dress for my date tonight with Aiden and after going through four shops we had found nothing. No dress caught my eye and now I was just contemplating if I should just wear my jeans tonight. I wasn't a shopping person, truth to be told I hated shopping. I didn't have patience to stand in a shop and look through a whole bunch of clothes. Especially when each one of them is so different from each other. Too many choices that just made my head spin.

"This one?" Ace came back five minutes later with a beautiful dress. A smile made it's way onto my face as soon as I saw it in his hand. It was blush coloured dress, which was also all lace with a silk lining. It came down till my knees which I was comfortable with and even though the lining created a sweetheart neckline. The lace covered the top part giving the dress an amazing boat neck but what I loved most about this dress was that it had sleeves that were made with the same lace and they came almost till the elbow.

"Its perfect" I looked up at Ace and he grinned back at me.

"Go on try it on" he handed the dress to me and I made my way to the dressing room.

"You ready?" I called out and he hummed in response. I opened the door and he gasped looking at me.

"What is it?" I asked nervously and his twinkled down at me.

"It's perfect" he whispered and I squealed jumping up and down.

"Finally we can go eat" he groaned and I nodded in agreement.

"FINALLY" I yelled out fisting pumping the air and made my way back into the dressing room to change.
*
*

*
*

*
*
"Man, your girlfriend shops alot" Ace complaint as we made our way back into the house. I was carrying about 10 bags in my hand, while Ace was just 'too tired' to pick anything up.

"Excuse me?" I glared down at him with my arms on my hips.

"What's going on?" Aiden asked, making his way into the living room.

"You see all these bags?" I asked him pointing to where I had thrown them and he nodded.

"These are all his" I pointed back at Ace who was now sprawled across the sofa.

"You didnt buy anything?" Aiden asked me

"I did! But for the first 30 minutes only, for the next 2 hours, this guy praded around the mall with me just trailing behind him." I told him and Ace just shrugged.