Chapter 21

************************************
The trick in life is learning how to deal with it.
  - Helen Mirren
************************************
I opened my eyes slowly and blinked them a few times to try and adjust them to the lighting. I slowly tried to get up and looked around to see my bedroom 'Aiden must have brought me up' I thought and suddenly felt a hand on my stomach move and I turned around to see Aiden sleeping next to me. It was almost 6 am and soon he had to be up for school. Not knowing when he fell asleep and not caring about the fact that we were in the same bed I carefully got out of the bed and draped the blanket over him. He immediately snuggled into it and turned his face around. He looked so peaceful, so relaxed as he quietly snuggled in the bed. 'He stayed with me the whole night? Why is he so nice one second and so cold the other? Where is dad? Did he come back home?' Questions started piling in my head and I just shook my head and decided to head downstairs to check the answers to the latter. I looked back at Aiden and he looked extremely handsome with his hair falling on his forehead. Without thinking much I moved my hand and carefully brushed his hair away from his forehead being careful not to wake him up. I then forced my gaze away from him and got up from bed to downstairs.

I limped my way down. I took me nearly 5 minutes just to get down the stairs due the immense pain in my abdomen I saw no car outside the house and I carefully opened my dad's room and was happy to find the bed empty aswell. 'He wasnt back yet.' Thanking God I head back up the stairs to get ready for school.

30 minutes later as I came out of the washroom I heard the front door open and then slammed shut. I jumped slightly at the sudden noise and Aiden immediately sat up straight "what the-" he started speaking and I shushed him quickly "shhh" I whispered and put my finger on my lips. "He is home" I whispered to him and he immediately tensed up. "ISABELLA WHERE THE HELL IS MY BREAKFAST" I heard his slurred scream and Aiden clutched his fist together in anger. I limped my way towards him and spoke quickly "He wont come to my room so please stay quiet and get ready, he'll be gone again after breakfast so you can come down then" he got up from bed and briskly walked over to me holding my shoulders tightly "If he touches you, I will kill him" I removed his hands and shook my head "please stay up here, no matter what. We cant argue at this-" before I could say anything else I heard my dad scream again "Come down you b*t*h" giving Aiden one last look I limped my way down the stairs. "I'm here" I mumbled carefully taking the last step of the stairs. "Get me my breakfast" was all he said and then went into his room slamming his door behind. Releasing a breath I didnt know I was holding I made him his breakfast and tried to steer clear from him as he ate it and then made his way out of the house again. Aiden came down seconds later and started looking me up and down "did he touch you?" He said with concern in his eyes and I shook my head side to side. "Thankfully no" he sighed an 'ok' and made his way towards the fridge and took out 2 egg "Aiden no" I screamed before he could crack it open and he looked at me confused "whats wrong? You need to eat and take your medicine" I walked upto him and grabbed it from his hand and put it back in the fridge "I cant have anything from this fridge" "why the hell not?" Was his impatient reply. "He leaves something outside on the counter if he wants to give me food, today he forgot I guess. So I'm not allowed anything from the fridge" he just looked at me shock "What?" He said and I looked anywhere but him "how many days does he leave you food?" He asked angrily and I shook my head. "Forget it! Lets head to school" I tried to turn around and he held my wrist and turned me back around "how many bella?" He asked sternly and I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear before sighing "once a week" I spoke as quietly as I could and he turned around and probably trying to calm his anger down. He took 2-3 deep breaths before grabbing his stuff and looking at me "lets go" he told me before heading outside.

*
*

*
*

*
*
He drove down through the McDonalds breakfast and ordered me a mcmuffin and pancakes. "I cant eat this much" I mumbled to him as he parked the car on the side in the parking lot of the school "you have to, you havent eaten for 3 days. You need to eat then have your medicine, choose one but finish it all" he told me sternly and I looked down at the size of the pancake box and decided to go with mcmuffin. "Just as good as I remember" I mumbled more to myself than him.  "When was the last time you had McDonalds?" He questioned me. "Few years ago, with Adam" I spoke quietly. "Adam? Whose that?" He questioned me. "What is this? An interrogation" I laughed trying to make a joke but failing miserably. Thankfully he dropped the subject and finished his breakfast and I looked up at him still half of mine in my hand. "I cant" I told Aiden. He ran a hand through his hair "atleast finish you're juice" he sighed. "Yes, that I can." I was relieved that I didnt have to eat anymore and gulped down the juice just as Aiden started to drive towards the school.