Chapter 44

**************************************

The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space.

- Marilyn Monroe
*

*************************************

"Are you both back to being adults?" I asked and gasped as I saw the boys with a black eye and Ace with a bleeding lip accompanying his eye.

"What the hell happened?" I said looking at both of them in horror.

"My hand slipped" Ace shrugged as he pressed a tissue paper to his lips to stop the bleeding.

"And mine too" Aiden replied and I scowled at him. "Your hand slipped twice?" I asked him sarcastically and he smirked.

"Mike grab one of these things and I'll grab the medical kit." I pointed at both the boys before heading in the kitchen and taking the kit. "We are not a thing" both of them spoke in unison and I rolled my eyes at them, not wanting to reply. I handed the kit over to Mike who was standing infront of Ace examining his lip and I walked up the stairs bringing the second kit down and making Aiden sit on the sofa so I could clean his eye.

After few minutes both of them were bandaged and I looked at them both.

"Did you sort your issues out?" I asked them and they both nodded.

"We admitted we were being stupid" Ace mumbled and Aiden stood up stretching "ya, we are fine now" he said.

His phone rang and he dug it out of his pocket before he excused himself.

It had been nearly half and hour and Aiden was still latched onto his phone. The boys ordered some pizza a while ago and got to playing their video game.

"That must be the pizza" Mike said, as the bell rang, hopping off the couch, making his way to the door. I looked over at Ace.

"You both didn't have to hurt each other" I told him and he smiled lightly before wincing.

"Thats how we sort things out" he mumbled, just as Mike walked back in with large pizza's.

"I dont think I'll be able to eat too much. Hopefully it should be better by tomorrow." Ace grumbled touching his lip and wincing when the pain shot through.

Aiden made his way back inside and I suddenly remembered "well Aiden here shouldn't have an issue with dinner. I mean to be fair, Amelia is cooking." I finished and I saw his body tense.

"I wasn't planning on going Ella. She wouldn't take no. So I agreed to get her off my back." He sighed. "I also know what stunt you two pulled today" he pointed out and I just shrugged.

I wasn't scared. I knew he would find it out, I was actually surprised it took her so long to call "She was trying to wind me up and so-" "so you made all kind of shit up to get under her skin?" He breathed angrily.

"Oh I'm sorry! Did you not want me to tell her there was something going on between us?" I smiled at him.

"cut the crap" he spoke frustrated and I let my anger show. "Me? Are you talking to me?" I pointed at myself looking around.

"Tell me this, were my ears ringing or did you actually apologise to me 2 weeks ago when you kissed her? cuz to me it looks like that 'she came onto me' and its 'only you' lines were the ones crappy. You clearly have been in touch with her after everything and were also going on a date with her." I snapped at him.

"She is my friend" he snapped back at me and I chuckled at him.

Dont give up on him.

Mike's words from earlier rang through my mind and I took a deep breath calming myelf down. I knew what I was about to do next, can either go right or terribly wrong.