Chapter 43

**************************************Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Winston Churchill

**************************************
I rolled over patting the now empty side next to me. I opened my eyes to find myself alone in Aiden rooms. I rubbed my eyes to get rid of the sleep and sat up looking around.

"YOU told me she was fit and healthy" the shouting caught my attention and I quietly made my way out of bed. opening the door making my way out, trying not to be heard.

"She barely left her room for the past two weeks. I thought she rested enough" I heard Aiden scoff at Ace's reply.

"You took her with you to take care of her, not so you could assume what she's been upto in her room" Aiden yelled at the end.

"Calm the fuck down! Both of you!" Interrupted Mike and I thought now was the time to let myself be known.

"Hi" I whispered making my way into the kitchen where all three boys stood. Their eyes snapped to mine and I made my way over the cupboard taking out a bottle of water.

"How long have I been asleep for?" I asked Aiden and his gaze went soft "Almost a day" he said and I gasped "that long" I asked and he nodded.

The more I tried not to ignore the tension, the more it bothered. Finally when I couldnt take any more I slammed the bottle down.

"Okay! You and you in the living room! Right now" I pointed at both Aiden and Ace and spoke to them sternly.

They both looked confused for a minute but didn't argue making their way instead. Mike followed behind me before taking a seat on the side and I went to stand infront of both the boys, trying to knock some sent into them.

"What the hell is wrong with both of you" I spoke sternly, putting my hand on my hips. Ace opened his mouth to speak and I glared at him making him shut it close.

"Firstly, I'm not a baby! I can take care of myself. I dont need baby sitters around me all the time. Yes I did a stupid mistake of trying to cut my wrist but I was drunk and heartbroken" Aiden lightly scoffed, calling me out on my bullshit. But I was too angry to let him.

"And you!" I turned my gaze "all this mess started with you. If you wouldnt have kissed Amelia this wouldnt be happening." I pointed between him and Ace.

"You three are best friends, more like brothers and your fighting like cats and dogs over a girl who came into your life just a few months ago? Look I'm going to make myself very clear. If you both patch things up and stop trying to baby me. Everything will be fine. If you can't stop fighting over whose gonna take care of me. Then I'm leaving, and I wont show my face to any one of you." I glared down at them.

"I'm sorry, we were just trying to look out for you. I guess one punch didn't do the trick" Ace smirked looking over at Aiden and he rolled his eyes. "You caught me off guard" Aiden said and I looked between them. "You punched him?" I asked Ace and he shrugged "he deserved it" just as Aiden spoke "I deserved it"

I crossed my arms over my chest and looked between them. "Now! Mike and I are going to leave and you both will sort your shit out, before we get back." I repeated Ace's word from a few weeks back, when Aiden had heard Mike and I in the garden talking about my body scars. I grabbed Mike's hand leading him out of the house.
*
*

*
*

*
*
"I swear both of them are just like an old married couple" I told Mike as I took a spoonful of chocolate ice cream in my mouth. I moaned at the taste, it had been so long and he smirked back at me.