Chapter 12

Karen's POV

"Why is your scent all over Rachel?" Austin asked me while I was in the bathroom drying my hair.

"I talked to her, remember?" I replied nonchalantly.

"You know what I mean." He growled out.

I turned to look at him and walked out and could see his eyes getting dark.

"Why does it matter to you?" I asked narrowing my eyes at my twin.

"You know I have strong feelings about her."

That little asshole. The thought of him being with my mate did not go well for me so I growled at him.

He growled back and I could tell his wolf is out.

"She's the closest thing I have to a mate since Tanya."

"But she's not your mate." I rebutted.

My wolf was out and I was ready to kill him. I don't care if he's my own brother, I have alpha blood in me and I do not tolerate anyone being intimate with my mate. This is why I didn't want to hide us. So that way I didn't have to fight my own family to make sure they stay away from her. I don't care what she says, I'm telling everyone we're mates when we get back.

"Karen?" A voice called out.

I didn't realize Austin and I were barring our canines at each other until Rachel walked in with fear in her eyes.

"Taylor! Roxanne!" Rachel yelled.

They came running and saw us growling at each other.

Roxanne walked to me and pushed me back into the bathroom.

"Breathe. He's your family, put it aside. We can go torture some captured rogues when we get back okay?" She said.

I nodded and she smiled. "By the way, I'm sorry. I overreacted and Taylor told me that he should've fought with me harder because he's gonna be beta and he needs to protect me and the pack."

"It's okay." I hugged her and kicked her out so I could shower.

I came out and air dried my hair and Colton just walked in the room.

"Hey." I said.

"Hi." He replied.

"What's wrong Colton?" I asked, walking to him.

"Nothing. Just feels like you've been ditching me since Rachel and Michael came. Do you still want to be with me? If you don't then tell me. Don't lead me on." He said looking me in the eyes.

I looked at him back and I hugged him. "I don't want to be with you Colton. I'm really sorry I lead you on."

"Thank you Karen. You know I value honesty." He said looking down at me.

I smiled weakly and pulled away.
"Come on, we all should play a game." I said grabbing his hand and pulling him out of the room.

Rachel was on the couch talking to Austin and she saw me and saw I was holding Colton's hand and her jaw started to clench.

I let go of his hand and went into the fridge and grabbed a beer.

Michael! I yelled through the pack link.

He looked at me from upstairs and his hair was messed up and his shirt was off.

"What?" He asked annoyed.

I rolled my eyes and held up the bottle. "Drink." I demanded.

"Why don't you?" He asked.

"I can't stand the taste of beer."