Chapter Sixteen

Rachel's outfit is on the left and Karen's is on the right. In the picture with the skirt, Karen is also wearing that white button up.

Karen's POV

I woke up before Rachel because I had to get the pack looking good. The head wolf council will come by and visit today to make sure that the pack is being ran smoothly since we are a new pack.

I went to our closet and got out a light pink high skirt, white button up and a black suit jacket. I straightened my hair and brushed my teeth.

"You're up early." Rachel said groggy.

"The council is visiting today."

"Ugh that's today?" She asked.

"Yep."

"Okay, I'll get up." She said.

She was wearing a white t shirt and plaid pajama pants. Her hair was in a side braid.

She walked into the bathroom and kissed my cheek. She started brushing her teeth when I started doing my make up.

"Does everyone know that they're gonna be here today?" Rachel asked.

"Yeah. I sent out a mind link last night and one a minute ago reminding them."

"Okay."

She walked to our closet and got out her black long sleeved dress. The top was black and the bottom was a floral pattern. She is in love with that dress.

We looked at each other and said, "Shoes."

I threw a pair of black wedges at her and she threw a pair of pink heels at me.

"I wanna wear the wedges too." I whined.

"Well get them." She whined back. I stuck my tongue out at her and she rolled her eyes and got dressed.

She took her hair down and put mousse in it and did her makeup.
We walked downstairs and our pack chef cooked up a large breakfast.

"Hi Sammy!" Rachel greeted.

Sam turned around and smiled at us. "Hi ladies, how are you?" He asked.

"Wonderful, remember, don't work yourself too hard." I told him smiling at him.

Sammy was the only human we allowed on pack lands. After he got laid off from his job, Rachel took him in.
-------------
"No." I said sternly.

"Come on, Karen! We need a cook and Sam needs a job."

"He's a human, we can't let him in." I replied looking at her from my desk.

"He already knows about our kind. He's been exposed to them before. He won't tell anyone."

"What about his family?" I asked.
"He's a widow. She died during a robbery."

"Humans are fucking crazy like that. That's why we can't let him in."

"Well, I am. I don't care what you say, we have equal power and I approve of him."
----------
Let's just say for the first year he was here, I bullied the crap out of him.

I didn't like the way he made my mate defy me. But after a while, we got cool.

"I'll try not to, Karen." He replied laughing.

I laughed and walked around the house.

Everyone was acting the way they should and I walked back to my office.

"You'll be here in thirty minutes right? Alright, we'll be ready. See you in half a hour. Bye. Oh, hey honey." Rachel said.

She hung up the phone and walked over to me.

"They'll be here in thirty minutes." She said fixing my jacket.

I nodded and met her eyes. She pecked my lips and Mike walked in.

"Knock, knock."

I turned to look at Mike and he was dressed in a blazer.

"Thirty minutes." I told him.

He nodded and I asked, "Where's Lucy and Garrett?"

Lucy is our head warrior and Garrett is our gamma.

"Lucy is training and Garrett is on border patrol." Mike replied.

I nodded and walked into the kitchen. Sam had just finished setting the food out and he just put out a cake on display.

I mind linked the both of them, telling them they have thirty minutes to look their best. I also told Garrett to make sure we have a lot of guards on patrol because we have important guests and I don't want anything to happen to them.

"Hey." Rachel said hugging me from behind. She kissed my mark and I moaned softly. "You're gonna do fine, loser."

I sighed out and nodded. "I'm just excited and nervous at the same time, you know?" I asked.

She nodded and Lucy and Garrett walked in. Lucy was wearing a white skin tight dress with white heels. Garrett was wearing a green polo and khakis. He had on dress shoes.

"Everyone ready?" I asked.

Lucy ran her fingers through her damp hair and nodded. "Yeah."

Mike walked in and I grabbed my folder.

"Time to go." I said.

We all walked out of my office and I laced my fingers with Rachel's and smiled.

Holy cow, this story has over 800 reads. Thank you guys so much, and I'm positive you guys can take this to the thousands, maybe even the millions. That's my goal for at least one of my stories, to reach 1 million reads. Having that, I will never complain again.

Haha okay, since this was like a filler chapter, I'll post another chapter after this one.

See ya lovlies!😘

~💛Odd💛